[1.9.0.11] Possible pirate planet bug

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Shogouki

[1.9.0.11] Possible pirate planet bug

Post by Shogouki »

During my game I had a group of pirates that I had been trying to extinguish and eventually lost contact with them. I had assumed I had finished the job but after acquiring some new map intel I saw that they now owned a planet, though they still were gone in my diplomacy window. I decided to send a scout to see if there were any defenses at the planet, as I was planning on making a quick troop drop were there no installations, but encountered something odd. Upon my scout entering the system a message popped up saying that I had encountered a new pirate faction, same name as the one I thought I had destroyed. After a few seconds of normal game time the same message repeated, and after a few more once again. I paused the game and went to my diplomacy window and could not find them listed there, nor were they listed among the targets for my spies. The message continued to repeat every few seconds when I unpaused the game until I removed my scout from the system. It was then that I looked at the planet and found that although it was a pirate planet it did not have the three pirate facilities. It also mentioned that the planet was just raided. Could it be that a raiding party destroyed the facilities but did not take the planet and has caused this oddness?
btd64

RE: [1.9.0.11] Possible pirate planet bug

Post by btd64 »

I had a similar issue in my last game. After I destroyed a pirate faction and the remainder joined me, 10 seconds later I received a message that a new pirate faction had been encountered, and used the same name but didn't show up on the empires screen. using .11 patch.
Cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

I have seen this as well, though I have seen it with planets that DO have the three pirate facilities.

Unfortunately, when this appears to happen, these planets never build new bases or ships. They just sit there.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

You have to invade and destroy the pirate bases, all three.[8D]
cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Any save files for these reports?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Tech Support”