THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Grollub

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Good evening friends.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Happy Chicken Dance Day CB. So gives us your best moves Poultry Pal.[;)]
Where's Grollub? He needs to give us his best moves of the Frog Dance.[8D]

Present [:)]

Sorry for the silence guys, but I've logged 70+ hrs work weeks for four+ weeks in a row now.

Just finished grading todays batch of tac exams that must be done until monday. [>:]

On the plus side, those long weeks will do wonders for stretching ut my already long vacation [:)]
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Dixie, I don't know what it feels like from the inside looking around. But from the outside looking in you have the best job I have yet seen [;)]

Agreed. I thought I had the best job ever at my last stint at the Defense College, when I was getting paid to buy and evaluate commercial computer war games to see if they had potential to be used in the training/education. I think Dixies job beats that, though [:)]
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

And to USS America, Happy Birthday Mike! [:D]

Happy Birthday Mike!
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
P.S. Has anyone seen the angry comments on the Daily Mail website because Chris Evans got a flight on the Lancaster?

Care to summarize this baffling POV for us non-English types?

What's baffling you? The Daily Mail is a Brit newspaper that basically seems to hate everything. Slightly xenophobic, possibly racist, definitely anti-Europe, I think the only thing they do like is pre 1950s Britain. They tell the middle-class of Britain what they should be outraged at/scared of this week.

Chris Evans is a DJ on Radio 2 who does the Breakfast Show, as part of the 70th anniversary he spoke to some of the BBMF guys and flew on the Lancaster for his show yesterday. Rather predictably the DM are angry about this and so are a lot of the people on the website. "He only got to fly on the Lanc because he's rich and famous" "he shouldn't be getting paid for flying on the Lanc" and "there are more deserving people than him, a normal person should have done it" seem to be the common themes.

He flew on the Lancaster because the BBC were doing a show about the Dambusters and he does the Breakfast Show.
He was getting paid for it because he's on a salary for doing the Breakfast Show which is why he was flying on the Lanc
There probably are more deserving people than him. And I bet that most of the complainers put themselves in that category. If you let one 'normal' person fly on her then everyone will expect to be able to.

I'm in a bad mood today and I feel terrible, so my patience is thin. Sorry for the rant

Relax and have a beer, Martin. I'll hoist one in your direction
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

P.S. Has anyone seen the angry comments on the Daily Mail website because Chris Evans got a flight on the Lancaster?

What's baffling you? The Daily Mail is a Brit newspaper that basically seems to hate everything. Slightly xenophobic, possibly racist, definitely anti-Europe, I think the only thing they do like is pre 1950s Britain. They tell the middle-class of Britain what they should be outraged at/scared of this week.

Chris Evans is a DJ on Radio 2 who does the Breakfast Show, as part of the 70th anniversary he spoke to some of the BBMF guys and flew on the Lancaster for his show yesterday. Rather predictably the DM are angry about this and so are a lot of the people on the website. "He only got to fly on the Lanc because he's rich and famous" "he shouldn't be getting paid for flying on the Lanc" and "there are more deserving people than him, a normal person should have done it" seem to be the common themes.

He flew on the Lancaster because the BBC were doing a show about the Dambusters and he does the Breakfast Show.
He was getting paid for it because he's on a salary for doing the Breakfast Show which is why he was flying on the Lanc
There probably are more deserving people than him. And I bet that most of the complainers put themselves in that category. If you let one 'normal' person fly on her then everyone will expect to be able to.

I'm in a bad mood today and I feel terrible, so my patience is thin. Sorry for the rant

Hard to figure why people get so uppity about nothing. I didn't understand the cultural reference and thought there may have been a decent reason. Apparently, nothing doing.

You, sir, just are letting your fame (being highly photographed on the tarmac) go to your head. Next you'll be wearing sunglasses, a beret and pissily refusing us your autograph. [;)]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Grollub
I thought I had the best job ever at my last stint at the Defense College, when I was getting paid to buy and evaluate commercial computer war games to see if they had potential to be used in the training/education.

Wow. That sounds pretty good too.

Need any 'outside subcontractor' to take a look for you? [:D]
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

I thought I had the best job ever at my last stint at the Defense College, when I was getting paid to buy and evaluate commercial computer war games to see if they had potential to be used in the training/education.

Can you provide character references? [:'(][:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Good character references? Alas, no...[;)]
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Good character references? Alas, no...[;)]

[:D]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Hard to figure why people get so uppity about nothing. I didn't understand the cultural reference and thought there may have been a decent reason. Apparently, nothing doing.

You, sir, just are letting your fame (being highly photographed on the tarmac) go to your head. Next you'll be wearing sunglasses, a beret and pissily refusing us your autograph. [;)]

Pettiness and fear are two of the prime character traits required to be a Daily Mail reader.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Thanks, partner! [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Happy Birthday Mike!

Thanks, Per. [:)]
Mike

DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Morning tithe...

AND,

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Mike
Happy Birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

Attachments
wishes.gif
wishes.gif (13.8 KiB) Viewed 4 times
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Morning tithe...

AND,

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Mike
Happy Birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

Wow, you wrote a song for me! Thanks, Des! [:)]
Mike

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I celebrated turning 46 yesterday by riding my bike 45 miles today in the Tour de Cure. Raised $560 to help fight diabetes and had a fantastic time. [8D]
Mike

nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: USS America

I celebrated turning 46 yesterday by riding my bike 45 miles today in the Tour de Cure. Raised $560 to help fight diabetes and had a fantastic time. [8D]

Very classy, sir! Happy Birthday!
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Been busy with several things this week.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

My presence has been lacking.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Will try to do better by saving everyone from a CB INP.

Return to “The War Room”