DO-17

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

RE: DO-17

Post by geofflambert »

"Content free zone"? Do you mean like Dan Quayle? I have always admired that man as a role model.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Oops, I just saw it, it just appeared. You must have had to lower your shields in order to fire another zinger.
warspite1

Yes, I must confess - firing my Zinger as much as I can is a hobby of mine

That's perfectly ok, so long as you have a proper target. Otherwise it's a mortal sin.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

"Content free zone"? Do you mean like Dan Quayle? I have always admired that man as a role model.
warspite1

Yes exactly - but with even less intelligence - and an inability to master complexity. Oh well - I'll just go play with my Zinger.
As a wise man once asked:

War - What is it good for?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Yes exactly - but with even less intelligence - and an inability to master complexity. Oh well - I'll just go play with my Zinger.
That's enough, I can't take anymore. I'm sorry, my sensitivities are just so delicate.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

That's enough, I can't take anymore. I'm sorry, my sensitivities are just so delicate.
warspite1

Well you are from Gorn so that is understandable.

Goodnight.

DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Stop It you Two!

Now kiss and make-up.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Oh, I couldn't sleep, I was somehow aroused. DivePac, "kiss and make up"? Have you taken a look at my lips?

Come to think of it, how would you accomplish that with that beak of yours? I bet if you make to do that with someone, you, when they are most vulnerable, pluck their eyeballs out!

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Well, Napoleon abandons the field, apparently ceding the victory to Welly, but then Welly, the sleepy head retires as well. Suddenly, Gneisenau arrives seeking to collect all the booty for himself. Whaddaya know? Napoleon returns, refusing the flank. Gneisenau ruffles his feathers and departs, history is changed forever. Oh, what a flank anulus I am.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Well, Napoleon abandons the field, apparently ceding the victory to Welly, but then Welly, the sleepy head retires as well. Suddenly, Gneisenau arrives seeking to collect all the booty for himself. Whaddaya know? Napoleon returns, refusing the flank. Gneisenau ruffles his feathers and departs, history is changed forever. Oh, what a flank anulus I am.
warspite1

Yes, I think you probably are [;)]

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: moonraker

Pretty rare beast these days I think. Should be interesting if they can get it out and maybe do some restoration

From the local news last night the body is actually in poor shape being aluminium, the sea water has played havoc with it. The boffins have decided the best way to remove the salt is to wash it in citric acid (lemon juice) and this they are going to do by placing it in a poly tent and spraying for a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22380915
RevRick

Post by RevRick »

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts. Besides that, the world wants to know how the devil a gorn kisses his/its wife/mate/significant other!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: RevRick

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts.
warspite1

Agreed - he was was just rude [:D]

P.S Vocal Buzzard originating from Qu'onos? Close, but no, its HMS Warspite originating from Devonport Dockyard.

RevRick

Post by RevRick »

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts.
warspite1

Agreed - he was was just rude [:D]

P.S Vocal Buzzard originating from Qu'onos? Close, but no, its HMS Warspite originating from Devonport Dockyard.

Oh, my! I do apologize. I confused the avatars. Belatedly, I realize that it was the name DivePac. It reminded me of those infernal subsurface skulking machines I came to despise so much in my time in the fleet. Being an honorable surface combatant, (as in anything associated with the grand name Warspite must surely be), my contumely was misdirected by a visual lapse on my part. Besides that, I had only partaken of one cup of coffee this morning. Not quite awake, you know.
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

From the local news last night the body is actually in poor shape being aluminium, the sea water has played havoc with it. The boffins have decided the best way to remove the salt is to wash it in citric acid (lemon juice) and this they are going to do by placing it in a poly tent and spraying for a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22380915

I cringe every time I see that slang term "boffins". Can you tell everyone over there to stop it already? [:@]

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts. Besides that, the world wants to know how the devil a gorn kisses his/its wife/mate/significant other!

Actually our equivalent ritual to your "necking" is when we suck each other's thumbs, or interior digit of our claws. It's really quite sweet to observe.

Our raspy tongues rubbing on those scales is quite noisy though.
Attachments
skinkclaw_7391_md.gif
skinkclaw_7391_md.gif (56.53 KiB) Not viewed yet

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

It's not the kiss that matters it's what happens after. In Gorn society the female will attempt to eat the male, I, in my kindness was attempting to save all the readers of this horrifying fact. If you are in any doubt that I'm telling the truth have you ever seen a Gorn in real life. No, they are extinct and now you know why.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

It's not the kiss that matters it's what happens after. In Gorn society the female will attempt to eat the male, I, in my kindness was attempting to save all the readers of this horrifying fact. If you are in any doubt that I'm telling the truth have you ever seen a Gorn in real life. No, they are extinct and now you know why.
Sorry, Chris, we are not extinct. The reason you give is why many of us choose to reproduce asexually. If you see one of us sucking our own thumb, expect an outcome in about 90 days. Remember we lay eggs and have to sit on them for a while. I carry mine under my armpits, though.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Sorry, Chris, we are not extinct. The reason you give is why many of us choose to reproduce asexually. If you see one of us sucking our own thumb, expect an outcome in about 90 days. Remember we lay eggs and have to sit on them for a while. I carry mine under my armpits, though.

Not sucking it in public I hope, now that IS rude.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”