Do you guys know that the patch servers are down?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

redwolf

Do you guys know that the patch servers are down?

Post by redwolf »

The ftp server is supposed to be used with anonymous ftp but doesn't allow anonymous ftp.

This affects at least the website. The in-game "check patch" also fails but it doesn't say what it tries to do and it never prints actual error message so it's hard to say whether that is the same issue.
redwolf

RE: Do you guys know that the patch servers are down?

Post by redwolf »

And the member's club seems to have a broken captcha, no matter how often I try it always rejects it.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Just a point... the in game "check for patch" or check for update, is not going to find a beta update, it won't find an update until this becomes an official patch.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

ORIGINAL: redwolf

And the member's club seems to have a broken captcha, no matter how often I try it always rejects it.
Have you tried to open a help ticket with Matrix support redwolf?
I have always found them very fast to respond in the past, with issues I have asked them about.

Attachments
Help-ticket.jpg
Help-ticket.jpg (170.81 KiB) Viewed 12 times
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Fot tha latest Public Beta patch.

Attachments
Patchhelpdone.jpg
Patchhelpdone.jpg (948.53 KiB) Viewed 12 times
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Redwolf,

I've found trouble accessing Matrix FTP server from behind a proxy server. I'm not sure what's exactly the problem itself, but has to do with having SOCKS as the protocol to route connections outside of the network. With no proxy in the middle, I don't seem to have any problems. HTTP proxies haven't caused any trouble for me (just a lot of lag to establish the handshake with the FTP server).

Regarding the captcha. With Chrome, I've found that it only works if I click the checkbox "Save Cookie to remember me". The interesting bit is that no cookie is actually saved (or it expires ridiculously quickly).
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Geez, folks, I have the beta patch. No need for gigascreenshots.

I was talking about the official patch(es).

The ftp server is misconfigured and doesn't allow anonymous file download. It is not related to proxies or active/passive mode, it says right there when you access it (not through a web browser).
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

ORIGINAL: redwolf

Geez, folks, I have the beta patch. No need for gigascreenshots.

I was talking about the official patch(es).

The ftp server is misconfigured and doesn't allow anonymous file download. It is not related to proxies or active/passive mode, it says right there when you access it (not through a web browser).

My apologies.
I thought you couldn't get into the members area, then wanted to download the patch once you had managed to get access [:'(]
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

No, this is about the public facing ftp server that feeds the links given on the product pages.

(and is probably behind the automatic patch mechanism but as I said that useless piece of code has no error messages or other diagnostics)

Return to “Command Ops Series”