Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Xakoro

Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone?

Post by Xakoro »

Last night I was sorting through my old stuff and found my old pc from my high school days. I got it working and found my old copy of highway to the reich, mid campaign and working beautifully.
Having spent the entire night playing it and relearning the ropes in a fit of nostalgia, I realise my Iphone (or something similar) can probably run it without any problems.
So I submit to you guys the question; Is it feasible to port some of Matrix Games' older titles to a smartphone?
I know I'd buy it.
Hi.
pelle75

RE: Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone?

Post by pelle75 »

As I understand it from older threads, most wargames have been developed for Windows in ways that make them very difficult to port to any other platform. Full of Windows-specific code.

All the UNIX+OpenGL-based platforms (OSX, iOS, Android, desktop-Linux...) are quite similar, and porting between them is no big deal, but Windows is odd (and deliberately so; Microsoft do not want developers to be able to easily support also other platforms).
Trenches of Valor
WW1 Trench Raiding
http://victorypointgames.com/details.php?prodId=95
slam75

RE: Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone?

Post by slam75 »

MAY BE POSSIBLE BUT I DON,T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS

arslan tahir, Sr.

Return to “General Discussion”