Sad News

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Deathtreader

Sad News

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi all,

I just received the PM copied below:

Hi Rob,

This is Debbie, Critter's girlfriend. I know he was on this site often. Critter had a heart attack on 5.3.12. We had to take him off the ventilater this last Tuesday. They tried to for 25 minutes to get a heartbeat, they succeeded. However, due to the lack of blood flow to the brain, he was in a vegetative state. He would only open his eyes half way, was not able to focus or make contact with you. He also could not follow any commands such as looking around the room or squeezing your hand. Critter died early this morning.

He will be buried at Jefferson Barricks with the full military honors. Would you be nice enough to pass this message on to his other friends here? I know some people had his cell number, but his battery is not working correctly. If anyone wants, they can call me at 618.334.6298.

Sorry to give the bad news.
Debbie

To any and all who new him Critter will be missed on these forums. Rest in peace...........

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Bison36

RE: Sad News

Post by Bison36 »

Terrible news. R.I.P.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Very Sad news, may the lord be with him and his family.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
wodin

Post by wodin »

RIP. I recognise the name. What forum did he mostly post in?
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Just got off the phone with Debbie offering my condolences. She is rightfully distraught considering the untimely death of Critter a.k.a. Roy. I never knew the man or followed his post but I felt the need to let her know that the message she sent to Rob was delivered to his fellow gamers.

Debbie let me know that Critter was a large man and over-the-road truck driver who absolutely loved playing Matrix games. He was a avid history buff and would spend countless hours both gaming and watching History Chanel programs. He has a daughter that is 26 and 2 grandchildren of ages 7 and 5. Critter loved the show Beauty and the Beast and went to see the live production many times. The games Critter played until the wee hours of the night drove Debbie crazy and I told her I certainly understood, as does my wife I'm sure.

Matrix Games was one of the only sites he would visit with any regularity except for TMZ so he could get the latest news on J. Lo. She stated that he liked the thread that featured the girls with the large breasts here? and that he really enjoyed his friends. One was someone who she couldn't recall his username but she thought he was from Georgia and in the National Guard. Critter loved telling dirty jokes and she said it didn't matter who was around. She was afraid he would be at truck stops singing show tunes from Beauty and the Beast.

He was 53 and will be buried with Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris (she had to look to see what game it was that he recently got) in the casket with him.

Again, rest in peace Roy. Godspeed.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

May God comfort his family during this time of loss.

Rest in peace Roy.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This is sad news. And it was good of you to call his wife MoReb.

rick
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

I'm shocked !
a wellknown part of our international Wargaming Community .. I miss him.
My condolences to the family and friends
Orm

Post by Orm »

Eternal rest grant unto him.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.

----

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

----

You will be missed.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
martok

Post by martok »

This is truly sad news. In addition to enjoying his presence both here and on the Wargamer forums, I also had the privilege & pleasure of a phone conversation with him last year. He was, quite simply, a decent guy with a great sense of humor. I'm gonna miss him. [:(]

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Just got off the phone with Debbie offering my condolences. She is rightfully distraught considering the untimely death of Critter a.k.a. Roy. I never knew the man or followed his post but I felt the need to let her know that the message she sent to Rob was delivered to his fellow gamers.

Debbie let me know that Critter was a large man and over-the-road truck driver who absolutely loved playing Matrix games. He was a avid history buff and would spend countless hours both gaming and watching History Chanel programs. He has a daughter that is 26 and 2 grandchildren of ages 7 and 5. Critter loved the show Beauty and the Beast and went to see the live production many times. The games Critter played until the wee hours of the night drove Debbie crazy and I told her I certainly understood, as does my wife I'm sure.

Matrix Games was one of the only sites he would visit with any regularity except for TMZ so he could get the latest news on J. Lo. She stated that he liked the thread that featured the girls with the large breasts here? and that he really enjoyed his friends. One was someone who she couldn't recall his username but she thought he was from Georgia and in the National Guard. Critter loved telling dirty jokes and she said it didn't matter who was around. She was afraid he would be at truck stops singing show tunes from Beauty and the Beast.

He was 53 and will be buried with Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris (she had to look to see what game it was that he recently got) in the casket with him.

mo reb

Thanks for that MoReb. It's much appreciated.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I will have a beer (or two). He seemed like a good bloke.

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Good write up, and your a pretty good fellow Mr.Reb.

mo reb
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

It is indeed very sad news and while I didn't know him, that write up made it feel like a very personal loss. We're all so unique and weird in our own ways.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
andym

Post by andym »

Fair winds and following seas Shipmate.
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Rest in Peace, Critter, you'll always be one of us. May your family find strength and comfort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKhhg2Cq ... re=related
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
parusski

Post by parusski »

I feel we are a dying breed, the aging war gamers. I have no idea if he played board games, but a lot of us did and still do. A couple of times over the last few years I recall seeing his posts, wish now I had taken the time to say hello.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

There is a time in our lives when more people goes than comes.
I'll say a prayer for him and his family.
Josh

Post by Josh »

mo reb

Rest in peace Roy.

... wow, spending countless hours watching History channel, playing wargames that drives the misses mad... that could be anyone of us. 53 that's way way too early. My deepest sympathy to his daughter and grandchildren, they must miss him terribly.
I find it touching to read he will be buried with one of my fav titles, DCWtP.

Farewell friend.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

R.I.P. Roy

Return to “General Discussion”