HQ fragment problems

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

fcam1387

HQ fragment problems

Post by fcam1387 »

Hi guys,

For some reason 3 of my hqs (land & air) mysteriously fragmented when i amphibious transport them. The fragments are at the base, while the actual unit has disappeared (the transports they were on were not damaged, either). When I click on the unit organisation button it says that the unit has an ETA and lists the transport it is supposedly loaded onto - the only problem is that it isn't on the transport, it never seems to arrive and I cannot find it. It's basically disappeared and I'm stuck with fragment HQs that don't even allow me to load torps.

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

(I've attached a photo)

Attachments
pt1.gif
pt1.gif (341.52 KiB) Viewed 1 time
fcam1387

RE: HQ fragment problems

Post by fcam1387 »

pt 2

Attachments
pt2.gif
pt2.gif (137.49 KiB) Viewed 1 time
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

Have you given it a couple turns? It might show up in tokyo. An unfortunate bug that sometimes happens. I've had HQ's I shipped all the way to the DEI from san-fransico drop a fragment on the ground and then spawn the remainder back in san-fran before. I got pissed and disbanded the main body in san-fran and let the fragment go back to being the primary and just rebuilt it, but I awlays regretted doing so. Not because it didn't work (just took a bit of time to regain the squads, but you don't really use hq's for their squads anyways so meh) but because forever afterward I was paranoid about that HQ and weather it was really giving it's hq bonus or not.
obvert

Post by obvert »

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

[1108r2]
Fixed HQ not swapping with fragment when fully offloaded from ship [MEM]

Thanks for great support Michael!!!

Pax

I think this was a bug fixed in 1108r2, as reported in this post on page 38 of the Beta thread. At least I thikn it sounds like the same problem, although I couldn't find the original post. You might try updating the beta.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
fcam1387

Post by fcam1387 »

[/quote]

I think this was a bug fixed in 1108r2, as reported in this post on page 38 of the Beta thread. At least I thikn it sounds like the same problem, although I couldn't find the original post. You might try updating the beta.
[/quote]

Oh no... oops. I think you're right. So what's going to happen to my current game once I update - will the problem be resolved or am I basically stuck with it? Any way around this? haha
CV 2

Post by CV 2 »

Yeah, I found that bug a few weeks back and Michael has already corrected it in R2.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”