Games wont save

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Remenents

Games wont save

Post by Remenents »

Im having a problem with games saving. The autosave says it can not save over the old file and my new game saves say they save, but when I try to load them, they are either not there or wont load. Any ideas?

I have the newest patch (according to the matrix website where you buy the game). Its the .6 patch. I just cant figure this out.
Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)
n01487477

RE: Games wont save

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Remenents

Im having a problem with games saving. The autosave says it can not save over the old file and my new game saves say they save, but when I try to load them, they are either not there or wont load. Any ideas?

I have the newest patch (according to the matrix website where you buy the game). Its the .6 patch. I just cant figure this out.
Sounds very strange ...
what switches are you using? -fd ? -fw?
Is there a folder in your save folder called autosave?
where did you install the game? Don't install into program files on an O.S later than xp.

You click save which takes you to a new menu. Click on the save number, then the save button ... a dialogue will say it was saved.

Attachments
save.jpg
save.jpg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 9 times
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

If you have installed game to C:\Program Files and are not log in as admiistrator, it might be Windows protecting that older and not allowing you to make alterations.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

TommyG

Post by TommyG »

I have the same issue. I have no idea how to fix it, but my work-around is to save games into two alternate slots, each time deleting the old file. Major drawback is in record keeping and in not being able to rerun a turn if needed. I blame it on Yahoo. Who is your IP?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: TommyG

I have the same issue. I have no idea how to fix it, but my work-around is to save games into two alternate slots, each time deleting the old file. Major drawback is in record keeping and in not being able to rerun a turn if needed. I blame it on Yahoo. Who is your IP?
For both of you the option might be to uninstall and reinstall outside c:\Program files
And when you reinstall right click the exe and run as administrator (Vista and Win7)

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Yahoo or any ISP you're using ...
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

ORIGINAL: TommyG

For both of you the option might be to uninstall and reinstall outside c:\Program files
And when you reinstall right click the exe and run as administrator (Vista and Win7)

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Yahoo or any ISP you're using ...

Yes, I have found that installing ANY Matrix game in Program Files is a bad idea. I just put my Matrix Folder in root and it always works fine.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”