Why can't my engineers build a bridge?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Falkon1313

Why can't my engineers build a bridge?

Post by Falkon1313 »

Playing a standard classic random game, my engineers got up to the river without enough EP to bridge it, so I left them there relaxing for quite awhile. Each turn I check, and they still don't seem to be able to bridge it. Now they're up to 150EP and 100AP. When I mouseover the hex, it says only 100EP and 30AP needed, but still won't let them build the bridge. Any ideas?

82ndtrooper

RE: Why can't my engineers build a bridge?

Post by 82ndtrooper »

It may be that when they got enough EP to build the bridge it was a rainy month and they cant build anything when its mud.
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Are there months in classic random game at all?
british exil

Post by british exil »

Maybe you're trying to build a bridge and you haven't enough raw to build. To build roads and bridges raw is needed. Now if you're producing guns and weapons that require tons of raw, your engineers will always have to wait until you have a surplus. And that might take a while.

This might be your problem. I couldn't really enlarge your pic to see the details.

But I hope I could help you.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Josh

Post by Josh »

Falcon your linky does't work. [:(] No way we can study that screenshot.
Vic

Post by Vic »

@Falcon,

Which version of ATG are you using. In a recent public or beta patch an issue with engineers in non new random games (like classic) has been adressed.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

He is playing classic rules so no raw and no months. He has AP, EP, readness etc. This looks like a bug or some strange modification or versions conflict.
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

ok I didnt notice the screen shot before.  I think vic is right and he has the version that had the bridge bug. try updating to version 207 it is mostly bug free.
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Falkon1313

Post by Falkon1313 »

That must be it, I was still on 205. Thanks guys

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”