gids-tarhunnas(no tarhunnas)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

mmarquo

RE: gids-tarhunnas(no tarhunnas)

Post by mmarquo »

They could come on as blanks, and then we could name them whatever we want...   :-)

Marquo
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Yes, would be nice to rename HQs and change their color too.
gids

Post by gids »

T106
the fight at ryazan is still raging but like i said because of the forming of corpses on the SS defense line theyre commited and he cant use them,the moment he uses them and replaces them ill hit with those corps full force and maybe can crush his elite,also im preparing for another small surprise at saratov,he has no reserves all his best units are commited at ryazan,so i will put the hungarians to the test,i brought some tankcorps and made some corps there and reinforced with sapper ill see what we can achieve there,i think hes overconfident in the ryazan area,so i need to keep him there busy

Attachments
1061.jpg
1061.jpg (853.24 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

If it was me I think I'd just throw everything including the kithen sink at him NE of Tula.If he loses all those divisions it's a game changer I think.I bet he's worried about it.
gids

Post by gids »

aftermove

Attachments
106newattack.jpg
106newattack.jpg (814.57 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
gids

Post by gids »

Ryazan done moving

Attachments
106prisoners2.jpg
106prisoners2.jpg (956.55 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
gids

Post by gids »

his tank pool doesnt seem to run out according to OOB

Attachments
106losses.jpg
106losses.jpg (587.75 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
Hagleboz

Post by Hagleboz »

Gids every time you get on about Corpses I can't help hearing Gollum's voice in my mind as I read your posts.  It's actually enhances the experience listening to Marshal Smeagol going off about the Germans breaking through his line yet again.  "I curses them, Precious!!!"
Fishbed

Post by Fishbed »

Don't worry about the tanks numbers, keep striving for quality instead. With 435 Panthers lost already in late June, I think you are depleting his Panzer V pool, which is a very good thing.
gids

Post by gids »

LOL this would be a nice idea for a remake LOTR in WW2 :p 1
ORIGINAL: Hagleboz

Gids every time you get on about Corpses I can't help hearing Gollum's voice in my mind as I read your posts.  It's actually enhances the experience listening to Marshal Smeagol going off about the Germans breaking through his line yet again.  "I curses them, Precious!!!"
FB jacky heusequin
gids

Post by gids »

T 107 he used his SS units with devestating results,2 corps and several divisions surrounded,this time i have to attempt to free them.i attacked first with the guard units then ibombed the weakest link of the pocket like 5 or 6 times and assaulted it with my reserve tankcorps strengthened with sappers,this battles took over 400 of my tanks at my side ,at his side over 300,in the OOB his losses are finnaly starting to show
on the other fronts ,i start everywhere attacks where i can ,the hungarian army retreated for over 100 miles(there went my off plan),but winning ground is winning ground,i moved my tankcorps there up north again around tambov if he succeeds to close the pocket again i have reserve forces to help out if needed

Attachments
107tanklosses.jpg
107tanklosses.jpg (985.59 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
gids

Post by gids »

the generals

Attachments
generallosses.jpg
generallosses.jpg (551.57 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

A number of air leaders have a low political rating and will tend to be shot after a while. From those leader losses, only Golikov has a rating, his admin rating, that other leaders can't reach, so as you haven't lose any other leaders with a rating of 7 for anything other than their political or morale ratings, those leader losses are not too bad.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
gids

Post by gids »

T 108
hes showing signs of weakness now in the offensive,he surrounded some of my units again but i could free them pretty easy,i think he used most of his dash in that offensive and all of his units on the entire front are starting to withdraw ,he doesnt want to give up yet at tambov ,the longer he stays in the offensive there the better,hes draining hes whole front for it
picture after the russian move,i putted my tanks in the back again made some extra units at ivanovo,im not attacking north nor south because it has no use without reserves

Attachments
108surr.jpg
108surr.jpg (925.48 KiB) Viewed 2 times
FB jacky heusequin
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Tarhunnas is a very good player, and really tests you on the defense. If he has a weakness, it's that he tends to exhaust his troops, fighting until the last ounce of strength is gone. This leaves him open sometimes for counterattack.

I wonder if he is overextended here. I think he might be burning out his SS formations, and many of those Panzer units look weak.

If you had a larger army gids you could really take advantage of that.
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

I don't understand why Tarhunnas is running an offensive at all.
WitE Alpha Tester
gids

Post by gids »

tbh same here ,but i wont complain he should have saved his strenght for mobile reserves i think ,but i wont complain
FB jacky heusequin
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

The location is not important; it's just space. So he isn't fighting for territory.

He must be fighting to kill Soviet Units. The question is whether he is on-pace to kill enough to justify the battle losses.

It appears several divisions are on the ropes, but the haul does not look overwhelming. Maybe 60-70,000 guys, but that's not a big deal.

In return, he is probably getting lots of guys killed, and burning out valuable Panzer units.

This is not to criticize Tarhunnas; he is aggressive by nature. Sometimes that helps, like when he toasted Moscow in our game, and sometimes that hurts; in our game, he basically burned-out the Panzer formations. They can always rebuild, but that always takes some time.
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

The way to kill Soviet units efficiently in this situation is to wait for Gids to march forward without adequate reserves.

Instead, he's doing Gids a favor by letting him be the counterattacking party.

From a strategic standpoint, Tarhunnas has absolutely no reason to be attacking. He need only run out the clock and win on points. The burden of the offensive is on Gids, and the Soviets are running out of time. But if Tarhunnas batters himself to pieces in a completely pointless offensive...

Arrrghh.

I really should just stop following this game. It's giving me a headache.

WitE Alpha Tester
Fishbed

Post by Fishbed »

Yeah but well one could honestly expect Gids' troops to be on their knees by now, considering the butcher's bill of the last few months - but the Red Army fights on! This was supposed to be an easy strike, but Gids learns, and now Tarhunnas is faced with the usual dilemma of knowing where and when one should stop, as losses may start to outweight gains...

Return to “After Action Reports”