Air HQs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GreyJoy

Air HQs

Post by GreyJoy »

Hi all,

I'd need some last infos about the administrative bonuses give by Air HQs to the AF capacities.

Alfred just clearly explained me that the Air HQ can boost the administrative capacity of an AF.
My question now is: how the different Air HQs handle this bonus? I mean, every Air HQ in range gives 1 adm capacity bonus? Works like that? Does the preparation for a particular base affects this?

The other question is:

I understand the "malus" given by the number-of-engines stacking limit (less bombers will take off and a/c will take longer to recover), but what about the administrative stacking limit? Which are the malus?

Thanks in advance for answering to my questions.

GJ
inqistor

RE: Air HQs

Post by inqistor »

I do not know, what "malus" is, but they are the same for both reasons. Too much Engines, or too much airgroups, the same.

Air HQ just adds its Command Radius to airfield capacity, if it belongs to same Area HQ, as base (if not it adds only HALF of its range). Actually Area HQs works the same, they add their radius (or half).

Also, Float Planes, no matter of number of groups, are counted as only ONE group. Same for groups set to training.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

An interesting aside given your response Inqistor centers around a seaplane tender. If a base has a seaplane tender and it is tending seaplanes within its limit, do "the seaplanes, no matter how many groups" count against the airbase's stacking and admin limits???? Or does the tender add one to those limits? Does a second tender add two???? And so on! Hal
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: inqistor

I do not know, what "malus" is, but they are the same for both reasons. Too much Engines, or too much airgroups, the same.

Air HQ just adds its Command Radius to airfield capacity, if it belongs to same Area HQ, as base (if not it adds only HALF of its range). Actually Area HQs works the same, they add their radius (or half).

Also, Float Planes, no matter of number of groups, are counted as only ONE group. Same for groups set to training.

Technically "malus" is either a species of apple tree or a compensation clause in a contract.

However, on these boards it seems to be Eurospeak for the opposite of "bonus".
Hans

Rainer

Post by Rainer »

However, on these boards it seems to be Eurospeak for the opposite of "bonus".

"malus" is Latin, meaning "bad". There is no "Eurospeak".
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Seriously, if I wanted to know what it means, I would google that [:'(]
ORIGINAL: dr.hal

An interesting aside given your response Inqistor centers around a seaplane tender. If a base has a seaplane tender and it is tending seaplanes within its limit, do "the seaplanes, no matter how many groups" count against the airbase's stacking and admin limits???? Or does the tender add one to those limits? Does a second tender add two???? And so on! Hal

No idea, but I do not think, that tender presence changes anything (it will be easy to check anyway). However, I think, there is no overstacking possibility at lvl 0 base.

Anyway, you can always see if base is overstacked, as airfield have * next to it. And you can mess with groups (for example set them to train), until it vanishes.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

ORIGINAL: inqistor

Seriously, if I wanted to know what it means, I would google that [:'(]
ORIGINAL: dr.hal

No idea, but I do not think, that tender presence changes anything (it will be easy to check anyway). However, I think, there is no overstacking possibility at lvl 0 base.

Anyway, you can always see if base is overstacked, as airfield have * next to it. And you can mess with groups (for example set them to train), until it vanishes.

Inq - think your right about level 0 as iirc any sea planes do not count toward the AF total regardless. So a coastal AF size 2 could operate 2 land based units and as many float planes as you can cram in there with no negative game effects.
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
bush

Post by bush »

Max units are the ones actually flying. If you stand down a squadron it does not count against the number of UNITS, but the planes ARE part of the max. for the base (50 x level) - right?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Hi all,

I'd need some last infos about the administrative bonuses give by Air HQs to the AF capacities.

Alfred just clearly explained me that the Air HQ can boost the administrative capacity of an AF.
My question now is: how the different Air HQs handle this bonus? I mean, every Air HQ in range gives 1 adm capacity bonus? Works like that? Does the preparation for a particular base affects this?

The other question is:

I understand the "malus" given by the number-of-engines stacking limit (less bombers will take off and a/c will take longer to recover), but what about the administrative stacking limit? Which are the malus?

Thanks in advance for answering to my questions.

GJ

From the manual page 214.

'If an Airfield has too many aircraft (physical space) or groups (administrative) present, then the
airfield is deemed overstacked. And is indicated by an ‘*’ next to the airfield.

An overstacked airfield affects how many aircraft can be launched, casualties from attacks
and aircraft repairs.

A 9+ airfield does not suffer from overstacking.An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size

or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range
can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the
same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.

In addition, groups at rest or in training only count as 1/3 for the purposes of counting aircraft
at the base, and don’t count at all against the number of groups. Split groups only count as
individual groups if they are attached to different HQs.'

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”