Ground Attack-But no enemy?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

TheOx

Ground Attack-But no enemy?

Post by TheOx »

Ok, set some bombers to ground attack for Buna and Munda, but they attacked other locations. Thought this was just a glitch at first, but careful recon (with recon a/c) says no units present? Is this stock behavior if no target is present?

If so, the AI has played me for a fool! I thought those ports had units for the past month while I was prepping!

In PvP, this might be a glitch as the units attack targets of opportunity if nothing present.
michaelm75au

RE: Ground Attack-But no enemy?

Post by michaelm75au »

What version are you using?

Is Buna owned by you?
Michael
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Well, even simplest recon mission should discover presence of LCUs.

You can always blame bad weather for not attacking target. Was detection of base risen anyway, without attack? Maybe there were some separated bombers, which tried to attack, and reckoned the base before main wave?

Remember, that there could be LCUs there before, but they left turn before.
TheOx

Post by TheOx »

No this was over several turns (as I do 3 day sets). I checked it again thinking I had set it wrong and the target set was empty. So I setr it again to Buna. Noticed again that they attacked other targets and when I checked again, the target set was empty. I had 9/10 detection, I believe, but didn't know it at the time.

Latest patch, Buna owned by Japs.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Even with detection 1 you should see if there is enemy LCU in hex.

After mission is successful (whole unit transported, or enemy eliminated), target hex is set to NONE, so it could be just that. No enemy in hex, so target is canceled.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”