Matrix Shipping Practices

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

HansHafen

RE: Matrix Shipping Practices

Post by HansHafen »

Plus, they are charging 10.00 for the copy, I doubt they are losing money on it.

He doen't really care about the hard copy issue, he was just pissed because I wrote something bad about Matrix shipping, that's all.

But then, I wrote something good about Matrix, they responded to me like lightning and are following up on their fulfillment center with their contractor to make sure they are doing what they promissed they would do.  
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker
Why are you getting so worked up because some of us like physical copies?

You presume I am 'worked up'.

I'm not worked up.

Perhaps the OP is worked up. But I am not stating they were.
They received a damaged item in the mail, and I would have been upset as well in their position.

Granted, as I proved in my comments, the package is not to blame, the fault lies with the service that performed the delivery.
Because if I can receive hundreds of dvds in the mail, protected by nothing better than a paper folder, and the company sending can do this with countless 1000s of discs each and every day, then a package is not defacto safer all for being in a box.

Fans of physical copies, should be able to get there physical copies, if they desire to purchase their physical copies. But, when you consider how utterly not required the physical copy truly is, and protestations to the effect that the individual is in love with having a nice pretty box. Well you're just going to have to accept some of the community will laugh at the whole obsession.

Sorry to hear your very expensive notion arrived damaged.
Matrix Games stands behind their products though and it's not like a replacement isn't coming.

I just reserve the right to laugh at all the fuss over something so utterly unnecessary.

I'm not worked up, I am laughing here.

And for those concerned about the finances of Matrix Games, hmm, I am sure if you were to buy a Tshirt and coffee mug with the company logo on it, you'll feel reeeeeeeally good inside :)

Hanshafen, Matrix Games didn't crush your game, that was the people that delivered it.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Well I'm with you on the manual. I would pay Matrix about as much for a decent manual for WitE as I paid for the game.

Yeah, throw rocks at me over how much that is.[8|]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Matrix hired someone to ship my package on their behalf and they shipped it improperly. Thus, Matrix crushed my package! See how easy that is Sarge?

I reserve the right to laugh at other people too. [:)]

And I do love my physical copies. That's why I pay an extra 10 dollars for them. I'm fondling, I mean reading, my War Between the States manual as we speak...
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

You can't even buy a computer without a disc burner drive. So if your computer hasn't got one, well that's impressive.

I guess you haven't bought a netbook lately. And don't try to say a netbook isn't a computer.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Well I'm with you on the manual. I would pay Matrix about as much for a decent manual for WitE as I paid for the game.
Warspite1

+1
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Warspite1

+1

If it had some good History of the war and lots of pictures I would too. I miss the good old manuals of yesteryear that you got a history lesson about the game you bought as well as instructions.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Explain to me precisely why anyone, ANYONE actually needs that damnable silk screened disc and dvd case with jacket and maybe, just maybe minor booklet?

Of course we don't NEED IT. But I always liked to have something physical, it sure solves a lot of problems later on. Not to mention, I miss the days when you used to get a REAL physical manual with your box too.
King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Lack of a manual didn't stop me from getting married. Got years of enjoyment out of that.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Hehehehe, as 50% or more of marriages end in divorce, maybe we should get a manual for that too! [:)]

Husbands Manual, do what your wife wants you to do. End!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I say "yes dear" and she says "good answer"
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

ORIGINAL: HansHafen

Matrix hired someone to ship my package on their behalf and they shipped it improperly. Thus, Matrix crushed my package! See how easy that is Sarge?

I reserve the right to laugh at other people too. [:)]

And I do love my physical copies. That's why I pay an extra 10 dollars for them. I'm fondling, I mean reading, my War Between the States manual as we speak...

"Matrix hired someone to ship my package on their behalf and they shipped it improperly."

Your claim doesn't establish it as fact as my previous testimony proves. See how much easier it is for me to shoot down your assertion?

Anything that could have crushed that parcel, would almost certainly have crushed any normal shipping box. Ever actually crushed a dvd case before?

I've delivered furniture in the past. Occasionally we get part way through the load to discover some brillant individual has placed a massive weight on a very crushable item.
Somewhere enroute to you, someone has done just that, placed a great weight on your item.

It happened very rarely at work though.

I think Matrix Games expects and logically so, for the parcel delivery process to actually perform their service in a proper and skilled fashion. It takes a great deal to crush a dvd case. Your parcel never had a chance. You got picked to be that fluke moment.

Saying their methods are inept, is just sour grapes. You just don't like that fate picked you. Understandable though.

I recently ordered an item, that began as expensive, had outrageous shipping costs and arrived with totally undisclosed quite considerable duty applied to it. I was disgusted. I sent it back and denied it.
Some things are the fault of the source, some not.
The item was massively expensive for something that is just not routinely worth it. Ok, but it's my choice to buy it. But they charge an outrageous sum for shipping and handling. Again, that's not at least undisclosed. The massive duty was the straw the broke the camel's back.
If it had arrived damaged though, that would only be the fault of the actual service that broke it.

To date I have managed to ship all sorts of things in the mail that are massively delicate.
Try shipping a box full of assembled models internationally some time.
I've yet to have a problem.

But every now and then, you get to be that fluke example.

So essentially your beef with Matrix Games is utterly groundless.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

ORIGINAL: Obsolete
Explain to me precisely why anyone, ANYONE actually needs that damnable silk screened disc and dvd case with jacket and maybe, just maybe minor booklet?

Of course we don't NEED IT. But I always liked to have something physical, it sure solves a lot of problems later on. Not to mention, I miss the days when you used to get a REAL physical manual with your box too.

I like physical copies too.

It's why I make more than one.

On average, my Matrix Games downloads will exist on multiple computers as well as on several disc compilations. The house would need to burn to the ground with everything in it for me to lose my Matrix Games collection.

Which I could always re download if I wasn't a complete and total wreck and not much caring thanks to my house burning down :)

In as much as I remember a lot of very impressive manuals of the 90s, to be honest, the best wargame manuals I have ever had, in print, were manuals I printed out that were emanuals to begin with.

I have a full print out of the ultra Steel Panthers World at War manual. Got that via a buddy that let me use his colour laser copier. All I needed to give him was the paper.

Printed out the Battles in Normandy manual too, veeeeeery nice.

I just wish I could take a digital file on a usb drive to a real printer and get a print out in colour and not get charged the same fee as an on sale colour printer.

Which by the way, is the preferred way to get some decent easy colour copies for those that have never thought of it.
And if you want to be a real swine, you buy it from someone like Staples, and their 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee. You print out the manual return the cheapo printer and all you were out is the cost of the paper.
Remember, I did say that was the 'swine' method.

The average on sale 40 dollar colour ink jet will print out 1000 pages before it gives up the ghost. Beats what you will pay at a professional printer in these parts at least.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Walmarts will do that too Les. [:)] Speaking of printers though you can buy a brand new printer with new ink cartridges for the same price you'd pay just to replace the ink cartridges. I was shocked at the price of ink cartridges when mine ran out on my Cannon. So now you can buy a new printer, and sell your old one without printer cartridges on ebay for 1/2 price and still come out ahead of buying just new ink cartridges.
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Naw, my beef with Matrix is grounded in the fact that they are responsible for the damaged item I received. They may have recourse against the contractor to cure their loss, but I look to Matrix for my cure, which they have agreed to provide. Since my item wasn't shipped with bubble wrap as was the understanding between Matrix and their contractor, then maybe Matrix can get reimbursement from that source.

Now that we are talking about it I have another observation to make. My package was shipped in an FedEx "envelope". This is more properly suited to shipping paperwork, or items that are thin. It is soft sided and narrown, providing no protection for the item shipped really. My boxed copy of John Tillers Campaign Series is too bulky to be properly shipped in an envelope, in my opinion. The bubble wrap may not have made a difference in this case. I believe boxed copies should be shipped in a box like the USPS has that are the size of a VHS tape or so. That would be more effective in protecting the box.

Oh, your testimony proves facts, while my testimony doesn't prove facts? I see you logic now. You are right and I am wrong. Makes sense as you know more abut this situation than I do. What did I feel when I received my package? Please tell me what I felt so I can know.

Also, how do you know what the package looked like? How do youi know that anything that crushed the box would have also crushed any other protective box it was being shipped in? Oh, I know, because you say so. Damn, I am a slow learner. No wonder I only got to e-3 in the Army.

Is there anything else in my life I can do better? Please inform me asap. I await your enlightened instruction with anticipation.  
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hanshafen, you're just being petulant and whiny now.

Sorry, it is unfortunate your item was damaged.

It's fortunate you bought it from a company that cares if you get it replaced.

But no one here needs to give a damn what you think of 'proper' shipping methods when I have categorically proven that businesses regularly ship in MUCH more delicate packaging regularly all the time.

That Matrix Games asks for 10 bucks though, might make a person expect a game box to be shipped inside of a larger box surrounded by packing peanuts.

After all, if the item is worth 80 bucks, I think it is fair to treat it as worth more than a video rental disc barely worth 2-3 bucks worth of rental fee.

But if all you plan to do is post whiny brat sounding comments now, I think I can consider you all out of capacity to contribute in a meaningful fashion. You might as well just wait on your parcel and stop boring us with taunting grade foot stamping looking comments.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

when I have categorically proven

Actually you haven't "proven" anything, you've just made statements online.
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2692331

Sarge, we can agree to disagree. Hopefully this helps Matrix and us going forward.
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Erik, I tried to pm you but your box is full. I also emailed you with no response. I haven't received a new box yet. Are you sending me a new one or should I return the one I have first? It is still shrink wrapped. Thanks. 
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Hans,

Please e-mail me again or contact our Help Desk. As far as I know the replacement copy was shipped out, but I will double check.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”