Possible PBEM Cheat - wiped PBEM logbook?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

spelk

Possible PBEM Cheat - wiped PBEM logbook?

Post by spelk »

I've just played through Turn 2 for the Germans on my Bzura PBEM game for the Battle of the Blogs AAR.

Upon loading the Turn 2 file, and starting my turn it said

"Possible PBEM Cheat, Germany has wiped his PBEM logbook"

I haven't knowingly wiped my PBEM logbook, whatever that means. I wondered if anyone knows what can cause this sort of message to crop up?

The only thing I can think of is that whilst writing up my Turn 1 last night, I loaded the Bzura scenario into the game, but I didn't load a PBEM turn, just started the scenario up to check on some town names.

Perhaps this has "wiped my logbook", I dunno.
Vic

RE: Possible PBEM Cheat - wiped PBEM logbook?

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: spelk

I've just played through Turn 2 for the Germans on my Bzura PBEM game for the Battle of the Blogs AAR.

Upon loading the Turn 2 file, and starting my turn it said

"Possible PBEM Cheat, Germany has wiped his PBEM logbook"

I haven't knowingly wiped my PBEM logbook, whatever that means. I wondered if anyone knows what can cause this sort of message to crop up?

The only thing I can think of is that whilst writing up my Turn 1 last night, I loaded the Bzura scenario into the game, but I didn't load a PBEM turn, just started the scenario up to check on some town names.

Perhaps this has "wiped my logbook", I dunno.

there might be a lot of reasons for this message.

you might have re-installed the game

or played your turn from a different computer?

best,
vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
spelk

Post by spelk »

ORIGINAL: Vic
there might be a lot of reasons for this message.

you might have re-installed the game

or played your turn from a different computer?

Thanks for the speedy response Vic.

I haven't re-installed the game, but before this PBEM game I did update it to version 1.04d. I have played a couple of PBEM games prior to that update. But I haven't played any games since that update - other than this new PBEM game.

I haven't played my turn on a different PC.

Its only a warning I guess, and I've assured my opponent that I haven't cheated, but it does leave one feeling a bit unsettled, when the game throws around the word "Cheat". If I can pinpoint what causes this message to be displayed I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Vic

Post by Vic »

off topic: you should upgrade to v1.04g because i caught a bug in v1.04d.

but otherwise its hard to say. one thing might be an option. did you play your opponent before in a PBEM match?

let me know if this is a one time thing or if you keep getting these messages every new round ?

best regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
spelk

Post by spelk »

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I hope the upgrade to v1.04g won't affect the current PBEM.

I haven't played the current opponent before.

I'll check the next turn and post here if it still throws up the Cheat warning.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yes let me know what is says uppon opening turn 3 please.

best,
vic
spelk

Post by spelk »

We got a new Cheat message this time, but this one has been explained. My opponent missed getting a screen shot for his AAR so he had to load it again, and re-create his moves.

"Poland has opened round 3 for the 2th time".

I think its ok Vic, we're both reliable sorts, and with our AAR tinkerings we might encounter some of these cheat warning I guess. Thanks for looking over the problem for us.

Hopefully we'll get through these AAR's without more incidents and I hope they can inspire more folks to try out your game.

Return to “Tech Support”