CTD in late war, please help

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jr2408

CTD in late war, please help

Post by jr2408 »

Hi there, be grateful for help. I have been playing this full campaign vs the AI for over a year, and now in late war I have a consistent CTD. This is the first time this has happened.

If I select air groups at Manado (south of Philippines) and select a transport group, or filter for TR, after a few seconds I get a CTD. This was happening on the previous release version, it also happens after updating to 1.06, and playing out the turn does not help - the issue is present the next turn. Since I have almost all my transport assets and several thousand planes there it is a bit of a game finisher :-(

I am running on Win7 x64, brand new core i7-2600k, 8Gb Ram. I just upgraded from a Q6600, and the bug was present on that machine so it is not an issue with the new build.

Any help much appreciated as it is rather demoralising to think that after all this time I won't get to finish this game....
Attachments
Savegame.zip
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
vonTirpitz

RE: CTD in late war, please help

Post by vonTirpitz »

You are probably hitting an upper buffer limit of some kind as you have over 234 airgroups located at that base (I'm honestly surprised any missions can be flown with a base so overstacked).

Anyway, I moved 4 squadrons off the base and disbanded two Walrus units and the CTD problem went away. Just move a few fighter or bomber airgroups to another base and you should be able to continue your game.

Good luck.

edit - BTW The base screen only reports 250 AV needed (400 AV support available) so the code only counts a smaller portion of the air units in the list. I would expect the large number of units may also cause other unexpected behavior in the code both in operational functions but also in code that manages the display.

Perhaps one of the developers will have a chance to look at your save and cap some of the coding limits. Until then I would recommend not stacking so many units in one hex if you want to avoid these kinds of problems
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

You are probably hitting an upper buffer limit of some kind as you have over 234 airgroups located at that base (I'm honestly surprised any missions can be flown with a base so overstacked).

Anyway, I moved 4 squadrons off the base and disbanded two Walrus units and the CTD problem went away. Just move a few fighter or bomber airgroups to another base and you should be able to continue your game.

Good luck.

edit - BTW The base screen only reports 250 AV needed (400 AV support available) so the code only counts a smaller portion of the air units in the list. I would expect the large number of units may also cause other unexpected behavior in the code both in operational functions but also in code that manages the display.

Perhaps one of the developers will have a chance to look at your save and cap some of the coding limits. Until then I would recommend not stacking so many units in one hex if you want to avoid these kinds of problems

250 av support is the max needed, no matter how many aircraft/engines you have at a base...
vonTirpitz

Post by vonTirpitz »

That's a good bit of information to know as I had thought it represented a maximum allowable not just the maximum need. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

Good luck.

250 av support is the max needed, no matter how many aircraft/engines you have at a base...

Return to “Tech Support”