Smoke Use

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Outis73

Smoke Use

Post by Outis73 »

Am looking forward to this release but hope someone will answer this question.

When using direct fire smoke rounds from tanks are the smoke rounds dispersed fairly well allowing for an effective smoke screen or are they concentrated at the target area (as in CMBB)resulting in minimal smoke coverage?

Also, does smoke disperse with wind conditions or is it stagnant until the smoke time limit is up?

I never liked how CMBB,CMAK failed at effective direct fire smoke use. Thanks
junk2drive

RE: Smoke Use

Post by junk2drive »

They are the same as the arty fired rounds. Size dependent. IOW the larger the gun, the larger the smoke. We don't have wind effects.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Very few tanks in PCO have smoke rounds. You can add them if you like but it is not historical for some.

Here I area fired smoke from the Jags.

Attachments
screen_12_..17_55AM.jpg
screen_12_..17_55AM.jpg (136.39 KiB) Viewed 1 time
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

After I end the playback it starts to spread.

Attachments
screen_12_..18_28AM.jpg
screen_12_..18_28AM.jpg (155.42 KiB) Viewed 1 time
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The next phase it gets larger and continues until it disappears in a few phases. It does block LOS.

Attachments
screen_12_..19_49AM.jpg
screen_12_..19_49AM.jpg (151.93 KiB) Viewed 1 time
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

You can area fire into it but not through it.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Because someone will ask...

By reaction 3 it reached its maximum.

At the start of orders 5 it was gone.

Attachments
screen_12_..39_21AM.jpg
screen_12_..39_21AM.jpg (123.43 KiB) Viewed 1 time
Outis73

Post by Outis73 »

Thanks for answering and showing a great example.  Can't wait to buy this game
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

If they could somehow get destructable buildings into this, I think that I would be in heaven. I can't say it enough, great job guys.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”