WW2 games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

weblitz

WW2 games

Post by weblitz »

I would like to play some War based or WW2 related browser game. Would anyon recommend me some of well-made games?

It would be better if the game is 'Evony' like, and some more military strategy added. reply Appreciated. Thanks.
MikeBrough

RE: WW2 games

Post by MikeBrough »

Assuming you're not a troll and assuming the wiki page for Evony is correct, I'd recommend Civilization 4.
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

^
jomni

Post by jomni »

You guys are too quick to judge.  This guy may just be asking a legitimate question instead of an Envoy marketing gimmick.
Unhappy

Post by Unhappy »

I don't know if the original post was a gimmick or not, but I am also interested in the question - are there any good strategy/war games that play in a browser?. So, client side stuff that you don't need to install. I realize that most browser games would lack depth, but maybe there are some fun ones?

There was a link posted to that odd, alternate timeline, airplane game recently - the nuclear powered bi-planes and stuff if I recall (OK I found it - it is called Steambirds). Others like that maybe?

Thanks.
jomni

Post by jomni »

Most browser-based strategy games I come across are more like country management sims, where you get money, buy armies and fight other players (passively).  I guess the guy is finding a similar game that is based on WW2.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

A simple Google on "browser W2 game" will produce the desired results as the first hit.
Unhappy

Post by Unhappy »

Yeah...Google works...but I was hoping for some human-filtered results to differentiate good from crap. 724,000 links is a lot to wade through.

So perhaps there are some strategy browser games that people have actually played and enjoyed or have heard about? I am curious about the popularity of browser games...especially after observing my nephews forgo the gamecube, wii, ipod touch, and nintendo DS in order to play MiniClip games on a PC.

Or maybe the answer is: "There aren't any good ones."

Thanks again.
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

I don't know if he is a bot or not but that's a good question. 
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

I would like to play some War based or WW2 related browser game. Would anyon recommend me some of well-made games?

It would be better if the game is 'Evony' like, and some more military strategy added. reply Appreciated. Thanks.

I highly recommend this;
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:World_in_Flames
[:D]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

Return to “General Discussion”