Construction Help (Can't Build Resorts or Defense Platforms)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

WoodMan

Construction Help (Can't Build Resorts or Defense Platforms)

Post by WoodMan »

Hey guys!

Does anyone have the slightest idea why I can not build defense platforms or Tourist bases? I've had this before with Destroyers in early game, my Shipyards are not advanced enough to build ships large enough to have the advanced engines and torpedo weapons, but I've never seen this with Resorts or Defense Platforms before.

Any idea what techs I need to build them?

When I right-click on my planet I can build all three spaceports and research stations, but not defense platform. A large spaceport is larger than a defense platform so I don't get why defense platform is missing from the list!

Any help would be appreciated.
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
MuthaF

RE: Construction Help (Can't Build Resorts or Defense Platforms)

Post by MuthaF »

Check your designs screen:
Maybe u have all designs of that type obsolete..
Maybe your AI upgraded designs beyond your max. construction size..

tornnight

Post by tornnight »

It occurs when the auto designs become too big to build with your current 'construction' tech.

Happens to me all the time in the early game.

Auto Design should consider maximum construction tech size!!!!
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

I thought this would be the case, however the issue is slightly confusing.  Are Spaceports immune to this problem?  The thing is that these bases can be built either by a planet itself or a Construction ship.  The planet itself is capable of building a Large Spaceport, which is surely larger in size than a Defensive Base or Tourist Base.

So the answer then is to get the Construction Yard 200 tech, which is rapidly becoming in my opinion the single most important tech to get in the early game, as this problem affects Destroyers too.  Its a pity that I play with tech speed on Very Slow and the only race I can find who have discovered this tech is the Securan, but I can't afford the 170,000 credits they are asking for it [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Igard

Post by Igard »

Planets have the capability to construct larger bases and ships than a construction ship is capable of. I think if you look at the design screen it says at the top 'maximum ship size:500 maximum base size:1500(when not at a colony)'.  Or something along those lines.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”