Pilot Pool (Fletcher not allowed)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cantona2

Pilot Pool (Fletcher not allowed)

Post by cantona2 »

Here is a screenie of the pilot reserve pool in my current game vs Fletcher.

I have moved some pilots from several units to redeploy their hard earned experience elsewhere. Now if i have read this table correctly, 2LT Mao is in the reserve pool but still with his unit, there is a delay number next to his name in the unit screen. 1LT Mahony has made the transition from Unit to pool and is ready to be plucked into another unit as a veteran, albeitly with a delay, and 2LT Morehead will become available in the Pool sometime in Jan 42?

Is that a correct interpretation of the pilot reserve pool and these are the pilots that will be on the Request Veteran list?

Many thanks

Attachments
respil.jpg
respil.jpg (91.62 KiB) Viewed 2 times
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Swenslim

RE: Pilot Pool (Fletcher not allowed)

Post by Swenslim »

yep
CapAndGown

Post by CapAndGown »

Here's an easier way to look at your reserve pools: don't pick the "any" option. Click the "any" button at the top right. First you will see pilots that are in a group's reserve. The next click will tell you which pilots are in the general reserve. And the next click will tell which pilots are in TRACOM.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I do something like cap_and_gown is suggesting: It's easier to screen potential pilots from just the Reserve menu. When you click 'request veteran', it will bring you to this group that exist for the explicit purpose of providing trained replacements.

I prefer to not have the clutter of the 'replacement' rabble or the 'TRACOM' instructors that I'm not interested in putting on the front lines. Hence, the 'any' group is more clutter than I want.

But, to answer your specific question: your interpretation is sound.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Many thanks for the replies. Seems then that some aces will se further action :D
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Swenslim

Post by Swenslim »

By the way, it will be very good for Japan player if in next patch will be another sub-menu IJN and IJA pilots. Because now you need to guess pilots, and click again and again if you are trying to add veteran IJN pilot for IJA unit.
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

? Thought the game did that anyway... IJN sentais automatically access IJN reserve pilots, and the same for IJA...?
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

IJA pools and IJN pools are separate.

You can not add IJA pilots to IJN air units, nor can you add IJN pilots to IJA air units.
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

That's what I thuoght. Thanks!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”