Updatye 1.04 won't install

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

caramonraistlin

Updatye 1.04 won't install

Post by caramonraistlin »

Greetings:

I tried to install the latest update 1.04 to Distant Worlds but Norton anti-virus says SONAR has detected a threat (program behaving suspiciously) and it removes the update. Can anybody help?

Thank you

Michael Lacey
Canute0

RE: Updatye 1.04 won't install

Post by Canute0 »

Simple solution, turn Norton Anti-virus Off. Since its a comerical game with the supportet update program, you should trust that. It would be another thing if you needed to download the patch from somewhere.

Fishman

Post by Fishman »

Antivirus programs are abysmally stupid anyway and always misidentify my crap. Hell, it said a program *I* wrote was a virus.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: caramonraistlin

Greetings:

I tried to install the latest update 1.04 to Distant Worlds but Norton anti-virus says SONAR has detected a threat (program behaving suspiciously) and it removes the update. Can anybody help?

Thank you

Michael Lacey
I get the same thing. I can't tell you exactly how to do it as I don't remember the specifics, but you can tell Norton that you trust the file and that it should be restored. Then it will let you install the update.
deanco2

Post by deanco2 »

I work in ISP tech support, and I can tell you from personal, long experience that Norton is the worst piece of software in the world.  I personally have cost Norton at least 100 sales over my career when troubleshooting yet another 'totally crazy problem, with no logical explanation, that is fixed by uninstalling Norton', then sending the satisfied client to a free alternative antivirus, and I am proud of that fact.

Return to “Tech Support”