1.04 Patch: Exploration Ships Fuel and Refit

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Chet Guiles

1.04 Patch: Exploration Ships Fuel and Refit

Post by Chet Guiles »

The new update is supposed to allow ships under manual control to refuel automatically (which it does) and then re4sume their previously assigned task (which they do not). In particular, explporation ships will refuel automatically, but then show as "task completed" and you have to reassign them to their search sector, or whatever you want them to be doing.

Am I missing something in the setup or options? The idea that, barring their being eaten by one of the all too plentiful Kaltors, such a ship could be assigned and forgot for a while is a great one.

Help anyone?
exelsiar

RE: 1.04 Patch: Exploration Ships Fuel and Refit

Post by exelsiar »

yeah my explorers and fleets are doing the same, tis a little bit troublesome since i'm at war atm >_<
Griz

Post by Griz »

I had the opposite problem with resuming missions - I sent a small fleet to attack a pirate base, but it had more shields/guns than I expected so I told the fleet to go refuel, thinking that would cancel the attack order. a few minutes later I got a "ship under attack" warning, clicked on it, and found the fleet trying to attack the pirate base again.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

The new update is supposed to allow ships under manual control to refuel automatically (which it does) and then re4sume their previously assigned task
Looks like you dont know what you want, Manual, Automatic ?? :-)

Do you know you can do a Queue on orders ? Press Space for Pause CTRL-Right click at open Space select Refuel at nearest point. then Right click at the next place you want explore, select Queue next mission - Explore .. or in case of the kaltor's Queue next mission - Move to ...

If you want manual control, you need to do all manual.
Chet Guiles

Post by Chet Guiles »

I was basically commenting that the fix indicated in the list of things fixed didn't seem to be working. I understand that if I want to do everything manually, I can, but IF the ships under manual control are supposed to refuel or repair and return automatically to their manually assigned duties, I don't see it happening and wanted to feed that back to the developers.

Absent that, the queueing of assignments does seem to work fairly well.

I think this is fundamentally a great game, and the 1.04 update appears to have eliminated (for me at least) all the "big bugs" like GxBO crashes and the like. Feedback doesn't indicate dissatisfaction or criticism.

Return to “Tech Support”