Do AI constructors build resorts automatically?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

concern

Do AI constructors build resorts automatically?

Post by concern »

As per title. I have seen my AI constructors build research stations around black holes, but as yet no resorts.

Has anyone seen an AI constructor build a resort?
Sigh

RE: Do AI constructors build resorts automatically?

Post by Sigh »

yes
Tacit_Exit

Post by Tacit_Exit »

Yeah, I have too, but many of my galaxies had no scenic locations to build resorts at.

Also the game where I had 3 resorts they weren't built until late game, seems to be a somewhat low priority for the AI.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Probably do, but resorts are low on the list, and I usually tell them to build them manually...faster they are built, faster you make money
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

I have seen them do it to, however colony distance is a factor and I don't see a decent amount of income from them.
Jamoid

Post by Jamoid »

oh trust me they can make a lot of money. i've seen 5-6 resorts make 10k income in one game and 120k income in another, it just depends who has access to them.

it seems the more "lategame" you are in respects to how many empires know about you, the more important they are. that's assuming you aren't at war with them though.

so the AI seems to have it right early game but wrong lategame. i usually make as many as possible manually once most of the nearby empires have been discovered.
lostsm

Post by lostsm »

i've seen many AI built resolts but never at blackholes or neutron stars. this must be the colony distance factor?
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

On resorts, having a MDP with another empire or two will greatly increase the income. Your allies will come in droves to see your wonders.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”