Yet Another Assertion Failed on April 12 Hmmm

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

foodfight

Yet Another Assertion Failed on April 12 Hmmm

Post by foodfight »

I was playing a solo game today (4/12/2010) and had the same problem as the previous two posts when I tried to open a file to continue a game. Just to check things out, I tried the following:

I started a new solo game: 1796 scenario as Russia, advanced economy.
I saved the game immediately after it started without making any changes.
Then I tried to open the file and got the "Assertion Failed" message. Same as Kingmaker's message.

[&:]
foodfight

RE: Yet Another Assertion Failed on April 12 Hmmm

Post by foodfight »

Here is a work-around that seems to be OK so far.

From the initial start menu, I open a game from a couple of months ago. I immediately go to the game menu and click
"End Game." Eventually this leads me back to the inital start menu. From there, I start the game I actually want to play and the problem mentioned above is gone.

[8|]
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

When you say you "start the game I actually want to play" do you mean you are loading the same save file that wouldn't load before?  Would you mind zipping and sending me the save file that you're having problems loading (email to ericbabe@west-civ.com)?
foodfight

Post by foodfight »

When I said, "start the game I actually want to play", I was starting a new game.  From that point I could save a game and successfully open it again.  However, I could not open the file that I could not open before; that file appears to be corrupted.

I have emailed the file you requested. 

Return to “Tech Support”