Why am I not getting any money from Resorts?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

HsojVvad

Why am I not getting any money from Resorts?

Post by HsojVvad »

Ok, my home planet is a moon from a gas giant. Right beside the gas giant is another gas giant. I made a 'Cloud City' resort there. By that I made it as a resort, but put in a gas extractor so I can mine the gas there. I am getting no money from this. Why would this be?

a) because it's a dual base, it can only be a resort or a gas mine? Can't it be both?

b) because it's so close to my home planet people do not need to travel because they can see it already from their home planet?

c) because its a different answer that i do not know about.

Does anyone know why this would be? I am thinking of going into the editor and either make it a gas mining station or a resort only. What are your opnions?
lordxorn

RE: Why am I not getting any money from Resorts?

Post by lordxorn »

Is it next to a scenic locale ie. Blackhole and within it's range of influence. How do you tell, click on the star, blackhole, and zoom out and you will see a grey circle. That Is how you know.
Resan

Post by Resan »

It should work as long as it's a "Resort" type starbase and has a scenic location. And of course docking bays and compartments. That said I've never actually tried it.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary
HsojVvad

Post by HsojVvad »

I thought ringed planets are scenic locations.
Resan

Post by Resan »

Not all, or actually not most. It will say so in the planet info window if it is a scenic locations. Or you can check the galaxy map.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary
HsojVvad

Post by HsojVvad »

Thanks Resan, I forgot about the Galaxy Map. I thought it was useless. Now I see how usefull that is. I clicked on scenic locations and nothing came up.

I forgot to thank lordxorn as well earlier.
sbach2o

Post by sbach2o »

I actually have made a resort base with added mining equipment and put instances of that design over a number of asteriods and other planets with scenic value (Gold Nugget and the like).

These seem to work well. Or rather: they seemed. Right now I am earning very little money from resort bases, but I chalk that up to being embroiled in wars.

You can browse through these bases in the Ship viewer dialog and, at peacetime at least, most bases had plenty of attendants.

The bases are doing their mining, too. And most likely the cargo freighters are hauling the ores away. The last I checked, none of these bases' storage had filled up completely although most have been in service for very long.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”