Pilot replacement tools / from fighter to bomber

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

KenchiSulla

Pilot replacement tools / from fighter to bomber

Post by KenchiSulla »

I noticed that, in case you dont have experienced bomber pilots in the reserve pool available, the hand draw replacement button (if set to reserve pool, not the replacement pool of low experience pilots) draws high experience fighter pilots into bomber squadrons. They take a experience hit of about 30 if you do that and your not getting those 30 points back when you transfer them back to the fighter arm.

It seems that the setting doesnt look at the actual training of that pilot, just the experience level.

Ofcourse I could prevent it by handpicking or having enough bomber pilots in the pool but still... it hurts a bit. Is there another way of fixing this, for example only allow drawing fighter pilots into bomber squadrons (or vice versa) by the request veteran button?

Anyone else ran into this problem?
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
castor troy

RE: Pilot replacement tools / from fighter to bomber

Post by castor troy »

There´s only this one advice that´s been given since the starting days of WITP: don´t let the AI choose or do anything for you if you can do it yourself. But I agree, the micromanagement can really hurt at times. And while micromanagement is good, a better working AI for those routines would help a lot.
freeboy

RE: Pilot replacement tools / from fighter to bomber

Post by freeboy »

more toggle fanboy= me[:D]
"Tanks forward"

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”