Appeal of this Game

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
wargamer123

Appeal of this Game

Post by wargamer123 »

Hi folks. I have watched this last year develop from a single player only to a PBEM game. Didn't get involved then because was in the middle of a move. I noticed the new title released this Summer recently downloaded it and thought it was interesting. I am a little concerned though, small portion of Opponents posting, does that mean the appeal for Multiplayer to be small? Would seem next to impossible to get 4 or 5 guys to play this without a lot of issues. I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

What are you thoughts on this game in comparison with the other WW2 games out now.. The Demo shows it to be somewhat entertaining at first sight.
cpdeyoung

RE: Appeal of this Game

Post by cpdeyoung »

The game is perhaps best played with three players, and the Axis player must be a good strong player.  The Axis must set the pace of the game, and an early failure on the Axis player's part will make for a shorter, less entertaining game.  The crucial dynamic of the game is the Axis attack on the Soviet Union, and this war, even if started by the Soviets, is a must survive war for both sides.  The best games will have the Axis reach their high tide, then struggle to hold their gains against threats from West and East.

Much fun comes in the side campaigns as all sides contend for the extra resources to feed the production engines.  There are so many options for each side - the Med, Balkans, Scandanavia, U-Boat war, diplomacy, etc. - and great fun.

The game is playable with more than three players, but there are only three coallitions, and the players of nations which do not lead an alliance are never quite as engaged.  The two player games, Western Allies and USSR vs Axis, is a good game also.

I cannot compare it to other computer games as it (RtV-ToW) is the only one that I have played, but I can certainly say that it feels much like Strategic-operational board games I enjoyed in the day.  It is fun to play against the AI, to try new things, but a really good PBEM match is something special.

I cannot see how you could go wrong to invest time in this fascinating exercise.

Chuck
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

If you like the demo, you will like the game even better. Especially with caretans counter mod.

I wasn't sure about the demo and thought the game may be crappy.

Iwas wrong, it is very well done.

I wouldn't mind playing a PBEM.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Razz
Especially with caretans counter mod.

Hi Razz, may I ask where you got this caretans counter mod? I still haven't found counters I like and I would like to try them.
Thanks
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

I'm sorry it's Carniflex

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2266398

This includes the ship sounters from Agent

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”