1.07.01 Observations

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

easterner

1.07.01 Observations

Post by easterner »

FRANCE Soli-Hard

Still lapsing, still hiding in capital for Russ & Turk. They are at war with 100% of Russ in St. Pete's and 100% in Constans. Should be interesting. Rs lapsed vs. Sweden & Finns, Hid in St. Pete's of course.

Brits invaded Morocco, captured it, sent 1 corps over the Algerian border who now has no clue what to do. Should have stayed home and let Sp do this they are experts. All Brits are being sent to Morr. Not very helpful.

Au as usual lapsed itself into INSTABILITY.

Prus as usual had a clue but couldn't beat Fr. Did cordon a Nappy OF resulting in 1 Pr Corps beating 3 Fr.

Marshall Ellis

RE: 1.07.01 Observations

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I have noticed still some AI lapsing but I have gotten most of that out of the way in 1.08
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

bresh

Post by bresh »

Marshall, just a quick question.

How does the game react in the new battlefiles, if a battle happens, and one of the 2 players is not patched up ? Will it still accept battlefiles (hope not) ?

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Well, today yes. Would it be good to force a level set for PBEM games?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Well, today yes. Would it be good to force a level set for PBEM games?

Yes, otherwise the changes to pbm security would not have much effect, if a player wished he could still trick the game by using 1.06, and now the player could claim that there was no rerolls, since 1.07.
How does 1.07 battlefile return to a player with 1.06, would it not expect to send the dice arrays along ?

I know i requested, if patch version could be included in turn files, atleast visible for host, so he could confirm all uppatched.
This was also to avoid creating new bugs ,resulted by playing different versions.
Think it was up around 1.02k-1.03.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I remember BUT have not added this yet!
I will add this as an issue in Mantis.
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I remember BUT have not added this yet!
I will add this as an issue in Mantis.

With the addition of several arrays in battlefile in 1.07 compared to earlier, would the filesizes not be notable different ?
As i remember battlefiles use to be rather small.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Correct! They will be a different size! I can look to see the diff!
This would absolutely create a backwards compatbility issue! An older version should/would puke on a newer battle file!
I will put a general message here and need to install this change into 1.08!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Bearcat2

Post by Bearcat2 »

Should I put the 107.01 patch on a clean install? Patched 107.01 Invaded/declared war on Hesse as France, 2 Hessian corps were formed in the province, 1 was my ally, the other a Hessian corp controlled by Russia[Russia controlled minor-not at war with], corruption of game files?
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”