Witp Staff or Witp Tracker?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Laxplayer

Witp Staff or Witp Tracker?

Post by Laxplayer »

So I know there are two applications out there and both seem to be rather in depth after a cursory look at some screenshots. However, as I predominantly play allies, is there one of these that is more suitable for the allied player? Or are they both basically the same applications with different GUI and maybe a little funtionality here and there to set them apart from one another?

Looking for some feedback! Thanks!

n01487477

RE: Witp Staff or Witp Tracker?

Post by n01487477 »

Use both -- they are free after all and decide for yourself ...The Allies don't need as much of the production stuff and honestly Tracker is pretty deep. Actually a lot of player use both, and some don't need any... With patch2, there will be some new interface buttons to help with the game production plus air search displays in-game etc.

Anyway, both apps are pretty solid, both continue to evolve and be supported. Tracker just deals with a lot more IMO.

But I'm bias ... [;)]
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I use both, but Tracker is the one I use most - it could be that I am more familiar with it. I find the history of air units, ships, LCUs, and bases to most helpful. The aircraft comparison and device pages are also very helpful. But, try both and see which one you find most useful to you.
jazman

Post by jazman »

I was thinking this exact question, and was playing around with both just now, right before I checked the forum. It looks like I ought to work with both for a while to see what each brings me.
BS, MS, PhD, WitP:AE, WitE, WitW
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Once they are both initialized and operating it only takes a couple of minutes to load the turn into both of them. I have a shortcut to both of them for each game and they will load the turn at the same time. Tracker does take a few seconds longer that Staff to load.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”