Map issue...

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Laxplayer

Map issue...

Post by Laxplayer »

I am trying to move my troops from Kragen (54, 103) to Soerabaja (56, 104). There aren't any enemy troops in the hex between them (hex 55, 103), but I am getting the message "Unable to reach target, move not allowed." The problem exists when moving between Kragen (54, 103) and the hex between the two bases (55, 103). Even though the hex is connected by both a road and a rail, it's not letting me move. I've attached a pic to show the situation.

I was able to clear a lane to evac troops quickly from Tjilijap to Soerabaja by using my little armored scout units to recapture bases in Java to open that lane. Really sucks that all the work was for naught.

Attachments
MapIssue.gif
MapIssue.gif (38.85 KiB) Not viewed yet
Laxplayer

RE: Map issue...

Post by Laxplayer »

also... it's not allowing movement from 54, 103 to 55, 103, or the opposite direction.
GB68

Post by GB68 »

Hmmm... I'm guessing that the program is auto-selecting another route via the base at 54,104 which is Japanese occupied.

You might have to do it one hex at a time via hex 55,103 then Soerabaja. Try that and see what happens?

Edit: ignore , I've just seen your new post!
"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"
- Spike Milligan
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Post a save.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

last save...
Attachments
wpae009.zip
(2.53 MiB) Not downloaded yet
treespider

Post by treespider »

Its a map data error I remember seeing it in my PBeM game but then forgot about it...the hexside is coded as prohibited terrain. Easily spotted when hotkey is used...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

So it's WAD? If so then something should be done about the rail and road that connects the two hexes. Is it easier just to open it up to movement?
treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: Laxplayer

So it's WAD? If so then something should be done about the rail and road that connects the two hexes. Is it easier just to open it up to movement?

It's a map data "error"..."error" generally means it is not WAD. The hexside is not coded correctly...which means it is broke which means it is not WAD.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Wasn't sure that "error" didn't simply mean that the map was drawn incorrectly and that you are not supposed to be able to travel across that hexside, therefore making it WAD, but poorly displayed [:)]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I believe it's been fixed for patch 2.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Return to “Tech Support”