IE8

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Charles2222

IE8

Post by Charles2222 »

I tried this right from the start, and have been on it about a week now. I'm wondering if anybody is having any problems with it. So far I haven't had any, and it has some sort of compatibility view to help with websites designed for older browsers (Vista 64 here). I have firefox or whatever it's called, but don't really like it and I doubt many IT shops will be runnning firefox, at least my old job didn't.
oldspec4

RE: IE8

Post by oldspec4 »

I have been running IE8 about a month now on an XP system with zero problems.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

What's that got to do with WitE?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

What's that got to do with WitE?

another try to raise "THE THREAD" here? [;)]
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Crimguy

Post by Crimguy »

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

I tried this right from the start, and have been on it about a week now. I'm wondering if anybody is having any problems with it. So far I haven't had any, and it has some sort of compatibility view to help with websites designed for older browsers (Vista 64 here). I have firefox or whatever it's called, but don't really like it and I doubt many IT shops will be runnning firefox, at least my old job didn't.

Not sure I agree with you on the IT shops not running firefox. I would say that, among the computer literate, firefox has about 60% of the market. Among the average computer user, it's significantly less.
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

Good.
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

Not any more than half of your comments amount to. Of course, if IE8 doesn't work it's kind of hard to reach Matrix, isn't it (barring getting another browser)?
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

Not sure I agree with you on the IT shops not running firefox. I would say that, among the computer literate, firefox has about 60% of the market. Among the average computer user, it's significantly less.
Just my experience is all I can tell you. I doubt you will find any shop who actually bothers to delete IE, whereas many do not allow any additional browers than what the computer came with, through nazi control of software. So what I'm looking at is that overall being adept at IE is never without compensation, whereas being firefox-only can make one that way in any number of cases. It also helps with consistency to be always using the same product.
blam0

Post by blam0 »

It actually breaks down like this:&nbsp; If a shop is Linux-centric, they will likely prefer Firefox.&nbsp; If a shop is Microsoft-centric, they will likely prefer IE.&nbsp; Unless of course, they have an app that requires IE for some reason.&nbsp; Many shops simply don't care what browser you run.
<pow>
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: blam0

It actually breaks down like this:  If a shop is Linux-centric, they will likely prefer Firefox.  If a shop is Microsoft-centric, they will likely prefer IE.  Unless of course, they have an app that requires IE for some reason.  Many shops simply don't care what browser you run.
I appreciate your input, but even if a company didn't care what I might load on their computer, it is theirs afterall, so as I see it I shouldn't be loading software foreign to what they put on it, on there. Unfortunately, at least with my experience, they had bloated out drives down so badly by turning to new programs and not deleting old ones, that no matter how little you bloated it down it was still a mess. At least mine was always the fastest operating one of the lot[:D]. I was just amazed to see so much garbage so many felt completely free to downlaod on somebody else's computer. I was more respectful for their computer than mine, but then others look at that situation the complete opposite.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”