How do you play COG:EE?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gil R.

How do you play COG:EE?

Post by Gil R. »

We at WCS are curious who your opponents are when you play COG:EE. Please pick the one that applies.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
IronWarrior

RE: How do you play COG:EE?

Post by IronWarrior »

I answered both pbem and AI, although I mostly play pbem and play agaisnt the AI only during downtime. The singleplayer is fun, but prefer multiplayer.
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

I host parties at which we all play strip-COG:EE.
Great, now I need my brain sterilized to remove that particular mental picture...

I would like to try PBEM at some point but really enjoy the tactical battles.

Best Regards
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

I'm one for the ai and PBEM. Like any of these games a human player can just tweak you a little more than the a/i. Like Randomizer, I like to have a tactical battle now and then, so its back to the a/i.

I'm looking forward to trying a networked game. It would be great if it works well enough. Right now the idea of being about to do 20 turns in a day-then pick it up again in a week is quite appealing.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer
I would like to try PBEM at some point but really enjoy the tactical battles.

Shouldn't you have chosen the second to the last option then? [:D]

Then again, maybe I should have chosen pbem only, since that's all I'm currently doing. Might do some more singleplayer sometime though.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Gil, I've put myself down as 'I only play PBEM' as while I have obviously played solo games it's more to get a feel of the Nation than anything else, I still haven't got round to playing Prussia or trying the Detailed combat yet, with the later time constraints are the hindering process, maybe come my Hols I'll go looksee.

Randomiser, Just a thought but how about looking at Multi-player PBEM as a "Tactical Battle" only against real live Humans instead of electronic blobs (the major difference being that on the PBEM Battlefield you can "Try" [8|] to reason with your opponents ... and Allies), I won’t bore you here with an analysis but believe you me it really can at times feel like a ‘Tactical Battle’ only in a different dimension [:D]

Why not give Multi-player a go, pop your name down for the ‘Reserve list’ in the Opponents wanted thread then when a new game starts up you could try it out.

All the Best
Peter
terje439

Post by terje439 »

AI and Pbem.
Lately most of the time goes into pbem, this is really making this game a perfect 100% for me.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
lenin

Post by lenin »

The pbem really is a blast! The stress[:D][:D][:D]
"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Primarily due to time contraints and my lack of gaming expertise, I only play AI. 
steveh11Matrix

Post by steveh11Matrix »

Only EVER play the ai, not just in this but in all other games. Therefore a well-designed and executed ai is a pre-requisite for me.

Steve.
"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

Always AI
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi Folks,
I only ever play agaisnt the AI in all my games,Just bought Crown of Glory EE today, so just been looking at the tutorials first.I own Crown of Glory already but have not played that for months,Been playing War in the pacific and waiting for the admirals edition release + World in flames so far I have 9 Matrix games with more planned in the future.
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
ithuriel2

Post by ithuriel2 »

I'd like to try PBEM but cannot provide the time commitment. I play the AI to relieve the pent up aggressions and frustrations of a busy work schedule.
Plus the wife's verbal onslaughts ( ) about what I should be doing with my time are bad enough as it is !!!
Louis

"One might as well try to charge through a wall."
- Napoleon, on St Helena, regarding the British Infantry

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”