Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
in several other threads, you have refered to things you are going to change in 1.07 (i.e. adding arrow graphics to track corps and fleets plus battle symbols, changes to the AI VP bonuses, etc.). It seems you might be thinking 1.06 is more or less done as the version that introduces the editor.
Is this right, and does this mean you will be working on 1.07 shortly? And, finally, dear to my heart, will there be any PBEM game speed enhancements in 1.07 (at least move Spain to first in the economic phase, or the other options to discussed elsewhere).

Of course, you probably could use a break from the madness for a while too.

Marshall Ellis

RE: 1.07

Post by Marshall Ellis »

DB:

We are trying to wrap up 1.06 and I do have a functioning 1.07 that is being worked on even now. I do not have much for the PBEM streamlining. I do have some arrow code but am uncertain if this will make 1.07. I would like to get 1.06 released then do an almost immediate 1.07 (Which will eliminate the AI bonuses) BETA then release. I am going to try and release smaller patches that take less BETA time.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
...I would like to get 1.06 released then do an almost immediate 1.07 (Which will eliminate the AI bonuses) BETA then release. I am going to try and release smaller patches that take less BETA time.
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
...I would like to get 1.06 released then do an almost immediate 1.07 (Which will eliminate the AI bonuses) BETA then release. I am going to try and release smaller patches that take less BETA time.
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I hear ya Jimmer! REMEMBER this is a GOAL! 1.06 was a biggey! :-)

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

larrywrose

Post by larrywrose »

As another nice feature how about a toggle to turn on a small number that represents the garrison factors in a city/fortress?

Thanks
Larry W. Rose
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

A feature I would like to see:

A way to export the map, so it can be printed or at least viewed, perhaps as a jpg or pdf. Toggles for various items would be a great addition. For examples, "Show Fleet Strengths", "Show corps count only, not stacks", or "show free states/home nations/conquereds".

Another feature would be a way to export a non-playable copy of any specific game. Gamers could then do an after-action report an include the actual game snapshot for readers to view.

A major plus to this one would be if the results of all battles in the previous month could be summarized and tied to the non-playable copy of that game.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Thanks guys!

So many good ideas and so little time :-0

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”