Napoleonic Music

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

ptan54

Napoleonic Music

Post by ptan54 »

http://gustave.club.fr/Musiques/Musiques_1.htm

There's a version of La Marseillaise there that's better than the midi one I hear in the youtube video....plus other goodies.
Bonaparte78

RE: Napoleonic Music

Post by Bonaparte78 »

Wonderful link, ptan54!
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

That version of the Marseillaise makes me want to run down and grab my great coat and join the French army of 1795!  When they were still fighting for an idea...and not a man.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
dude

Post by dude »

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

That version of the Marseillaise makes me want to run down and grab my great coat and join the French army of 1795!  When they were still fighting for an idea...and not a man.

... or at least a round of drinks at Rick's Cafe Americain in Casablanca... [:D]
“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

Would be nice if WCS replaced the midi La Marseillaise for the patch...don't believe there's any copyright issue if someone posted all these files online for free.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

I hope its legal because I kept them all![:)]

Excellent martial music-thanks ptan54.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Marshal_Ney

Post by Marshal_Ney »

This download is available already from 3 or 4 years,do i dont suppose that is illegal at all.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Just because someone posts it does not make it legal for someone else to sell it, which is what Matrix would be doing if they included it in the patch. 

Someone at Matrix would have to verify the copyright status of each of the pieces.  They could be public domain, but I doubt it.  Check into the copyright laws.  They're not what everyone thinks they are.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

Will need someone with French fluency to ask that chap then...
Bonaparte78

Post by Bonaparte78 »

ORIGINAL: ptan54

Would be nice if WCS replaced the midi La Marseillaise for the patch...don't believe there's any copyright issue if someone posted all these files online for free.
ptan54, you can do it yourself according to ericbabe...
ORIGINAL: ericbabe

In the Music directory you'll find many .wma files. You can overwrite these files with custom music also in .wma format. You should be able to find little utilities on the web to convert audio files to .wma format; we use a little free program called something like "Free Mp3 Wma Converter." Adding new files won't work; you have to overwrite existing files.

Rule Brittania is, I believe, one of the battle#.wma songs.
So no copyright problems for the WCS crew [;)]!
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

Brilliant, problem solved...
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

ORIGINAL: Bonaparte78
So no copyright problems for the WCS crew [;)]!
Yeah, but if they put them in the patch, they'd have to have the rights to do so. If you do it, then any liability falls to you. But, if someone downloads them at puts them in their folder to play during the game, who's going to know?
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Great stuff! Love The March of the Grognards!! [:D]
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Bonaparte78

Post by Bonaparte78 »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan
Yeah, but if they put them in the patch, they'd have to have the rights to do so. If you do it, then any liability falls to you. But, if someone downloads them at puts them in their folder to play during the game, who's going to know?
[8|] [;)] [8|][;)]...

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”