Yet another go at WaW

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Casus_Belli

Yet another go at WaW

Post by Casus_Belli »

Having lost the entire Ruhr valley and conceded the crossing of the rhine. I have come to terms in the game 03_walk_alot and I were starting. So unfortunately Russia and Japan are not going to be able to join this game, because Germany has already been defeated.

I, however, am still convinced the game can be won from the German side, and I'd love to have another go, just maybe with someone not quite so formidable as 03 as the west. I'll start another first turn as Germany - anyone want to take the western side or one of the others, if I can survive that long? Bartheart? 82nd? Send me your email of you want the first West turn.

Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed.
RufusTFirefly

RE: Yet another go at WaW

Post by RufusTFirefly »

So, who is still interested in starting a new game? And who wants to take West? I would like to keep Russia, but will take West in case noone else wants to take it (all except Japan [:D]).
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

I'd join the game.

However if Germany has been defeated before Russia/China can get in the game then I'd suggest perhaps the German player could try playing the West since it should be not so steep a learning curve. Maybe someone else could take Germany and Casus_Belli could grab West side or Russia/China? JP and GE are tough to start with I think in this scenario.

I'd take any side just let me know which.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

I'd be up for WAW if you have a slot open. No real preference as to side.
Tufkal2

Post by Tufkal2 »

Might also join if there is a free slot. Open for any side except Germany as I am already playing a German game...
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

I don't know which version you guys are planning on playing, but just to let you know, I just uploaded most recent WaW Revised.
It's 1i Beta.
Issue with Soviet Union cities not producing for GE now fixed and tested.
Partisan values tweaked to more likely get more historically true values (there's still a random element to it though).

Casus_Belli

Post by Casus_Belli »

I suggest we use explorer's Beta. I am keen to have another go at Germany, just because i'm stubborn. But my main problem is getting the scen to work properly. I will try again tomorrow with the 1i Beta and let you know what happens. I take the point about experience, but hey, everyone has a bad day.[;)]
Casus_Belli

Post by Casus_Belli »

Any hints on downloading the &*^$#!! scens would help too. The puter can't find the graphics for waw even though they are right there. Every time I try to download them again, I get a whole new Matrix Games folder being created.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

I just down loaded it and it works fine.

What program are you using to unpakc the .zip file? I use WinZip and have never had any problems. Others using Windows to unpack it have had troubles.... not as bad as yours though...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

ORIGINAL: Casus_Belli

Any hints on downloading the &*^$#!! scens would help too. The puter can't find the graphics for waw even though they are right there. Every time I try to download them again, I get a whole new Matrix Games folder being created.

I've spent my entire life without needing WinZip, as Bartheart suggests using. I just don't do hardly any downloading/uploading. . . .
Until AT. I just used Windows when downloading & I got erratic result. VERY frustrating. I finally took Barthheart's suggestion and got WinZip, and haven't had problems since. I don't know why AT forum seems to need it, but I finally gave in.
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

Don't know if you guys have started yet, but another new little bit posted. Now at vs J.
I added a Briefing document formatted in Word. Much easier to read and good to use as reference.
Also, more importantly, in 1940 SU was getting 10pp per turn while asleep. Doesn't matter much if they wake up early, but if wait until Jan 1941 to wake up, they would have extra 120PP to start with.
Version J fixes that.
Casus_Belli

Post by Casus_Belli »

Well, I had done a first turn, so now I'll download this new one and do it again. When I've done that, I'll offer it around to any takers for the West. If anyone wants to make any other arrangements in the meantime, I've obviously got no problem with that. I just don't want to make any promises.
Casus_Belli

Post by Casus_Belli »

I have a completed turn ready for whoever wants to be the west in a game of explorer2's version j waw mod. Who wants it? You may have to be a little patient - I am keen but very busy - but I will play the game out.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

I'll take the West if you want....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

As there are six players interested, but only three slots available (Germany+Japan, West, Russia+China), we can do two games. Is it ok for all of you?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

There are 4 spots at least - Germany, Japan, West, and Russia+China. Playing Germany AND Japan is a lot of work and can take at least 2 hours per turn!
Tufkal2

Post by Tufkal2 »

As it seems I already am in two world-wide games (the WaW restarted and the WW3) as well as a solar-system wide game [;)] if there are not enough slots I can step back so that the game can get started.
Of course if you need a player I am always grateful and willing to participate...
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Please count me out as well. I'll get in another game if one comes along. You guys go ahead.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

I would love to play but I am still at work and cant for another 3 weeks or so.
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

I'd have a slight preference for West or Germany, but happy with any side. The only game I'm in is on hiatus right now. So I can do more then one game, if needed to fill slots for 2.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”