What scenario do you like the most?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Franck

What scenario do you like the most?

Post by Franck »

Hi, I just tried 1805 until now... But I think I'll give a try at 1792... Anyone tried it...

Is it a problem with Poland considered a minor nation?
tgb

RE: What scenario do you like the most?

Post by tgb »

I'm playing 1792 Poland, and it's a lot of fun. Also very challenging, since you start with no merchants, no diplomats, no navy of any kind, and three nations that don't like you a whole lot surrounding you. There's a Polish AAR up here somewhere, I think.
Franck

Post by Franck »

Yeah, I'm not interested in playing poland tough :) just want to kick it!
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Hey, don't be kicking my Poles !

I think all of the campaigns with the smaller Nations can be a lot of fun, but over all, they are also a little HARDer to come to grips with
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Started with the Brits(1792).  Prussia now own's Hanover.  So I am trying to get her back.  Going to have to reread the manual thru.[:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

for England, remember, while you have a good Army, it is small, and really can not take alot of damage or have much staying power, so most times, they do not want to get into a land war, or if they do, get into one out of the way

Englands power is in the Sea and in the banks, buy others to do your dirty work

as France, I alway love it when England takes over a Protectorite, easy meat for me
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thanks Sarge I'll remember that. Ive already had a hard time against the french and now the prussians.[:)]
ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

for England, remember, while you have a good Army, it is small, and really can not take alot of damage or have much staying power, so most times, they do not want to get into a land war, or if they do, get into one out of the way

Englands power is in the Sea and in the banks, buy others to do your dirty work

as France, I alway love it when England takes over a Protectorite, easy meat for me
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

I've only played the 1792 campaign as Russia and have enjoyed it. In the first game I attacked the Ottomans first and this allowed Poland to build up. In the second I attacked them from the first turn and they barely got started but quickly got allies to help them out.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Am playing 1792 as France, pretty much everyone hates me, great fun [:D]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Sytass

Post by Sytass »

I only managed to squeeze in one serious play so far, as Prussia 1792. I thought I'd be safe after negotiating a defense treaty with both Austria and England, so I dow'ed Saxony. I took their cities, but the Russians decided that I was not playing nice so they stomped me with their army which was twice the size of mine. :(
One Strikeout is a Tragedy, a Million Strikeouts are a Statistic.
- Stallin' Joe Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars, 1922 - 1953
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

I like 1792 the most.  It's a little challenging to survive, as France, the first year or two, but it gives the best overall strategic possibilities, especially with the advanced economy.  Not having Nappy around is a bit of a bummer, though.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I really hoping you guys will be giving Path of Nappy a try, it is a bugger, you need planning and the goals are pretty tricky
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Yea I will definitively try that out, just need to figure the game mechanics out first.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

My current obsession is to find a way to win as Bavaria in 1805.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”