Skipping expansion idea 4 (last one): eco phase

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Dancing Bear

Skipping expansion idea 4 (last one): eco phase

Post by Dancing Bear »

I think there is an easy way to allow “skipping” of the economic phase, but in this case, skipping economics would simply move the economic buttons to the following diplomacy phase. The eco buttons in the dip phase would be shaded out, except following a “skipped” eco phase, when they could be used. Opting to skip an eco phase would automatically clear skipping of the diplomacy phase.

This would, at a player’s option, allow him to combine his eco and dip phases, which if everyone did, would mean an 8% increase in game speed (or perhaps better described as an 8% reduction in the number of times a player has to do a turn and email/receive files). Not an insignificant increase in game speed.

The AI would not skip and be completely unaffected (same as the proposed “move reinforcement functions to dip phase if rein is skipped option" described elsewhere (#3)).
Dancing Bear

RE: Skipping expansion idea 4 (last one): eco phase

Post by Dancing Bear »

Marshall, how difficult would this be to implement?

I was hoping with these ideas to give you an easier programming alternative making sim phases (although none of these ideas rule out sim dip phase). This idea for the eco phase would make it pointless, for instance to have a sim economic phase, and has to be easier to program.
Marshall Ellis

RE: Skipping expansion idea 4 (last one): eco phase

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I haven't looked at this too much yet. Will try to dig a little deeper...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”