playable yet? Part II

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Thresh

RE: playable yet? Part II

Post by Thresh »

Your definition of "Little like" is pretty restrictive IMO...

Thresh
AND, if that weren't enough for your holiness, it has the name and was marketed has a EiA port/adaptation. Due to the term "adaptation" there is A LOT of leeway here, but come on, this is little like the original except in name.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

What's Harry Rowlands suppose to say?

"Er, no thanks I don't need the money!"

I guess if Harry Rowlands sold out then we should all just accept it!

BAHHHH!!!
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

What's Harry Rowlands suppose to say?

"Er, no thanks I don't need the money!"

I guess if Harry Rowlands sold out then we should all just accept it!

BAHHHH!!!

St. Helena calls.....relaxing...blue, happy skies......
Tarleton
Unofficial and Unlicensed Matrix EiA Forum Consulting Psychotherapist

Haya Safari!

Marching song of the Schutztruppe Ost-Afrika
borner

Post by borner »

for those of you that say some of us should stop complaining and just be happy, I point you to Marshall's own new thread about 1.05

Yes, there are still serious issues that remain to be fixed in the game.   holding at 2.33

Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

ORIGINAL: borner

for those of you that say some of us should stop complaining and just be happy, I point you to Marshall's own new thread about 1.05

Yes, there are still serious issues that remain to be fixed in the game.   holding at 2.33

Well you are being calm and non-hyberbolic (I am at a solid 2.75 myself).

So you don't need a day in St. Helena.

Just a night at the pub.
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

borner

Post by borner »

I already made my airline reservations!!!!!!  [:@]
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

I already made my airline reservations!!!!!!  [:@]

Well, now, it seems, it's good you made them.

I recommend that you listen to two ELO songs while you are there. Then make another appointment with the receptionist.
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

borner

Post by borner »

ELO? what two goos songs do they have, ELP perhaps, Or something theme related, maybe "learning to fly", Touch and go"........
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

ELO? what two goos songs do they have...

Hmm...Mr. Blue Sky, Don't Bring Me Down, Evil Woman, Telephone Line....take your pick.

In any case, your can listen to BTO or even GNR if it helps you to relax, but get to St. Helena forthwith.

Your seesion is over. Call the receptionist for an appointment when you get back.
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

Thresh

Post by Thresh »

And I don't disagree with you there Borner.

What I do disagree with is the notion that complaining is the first, last and only option as "help" is wrong.

Todd

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Thresh

And I don't disagree with you there Borner.

What I do disagree with is the notion that complaining is the first, last and only option as "help" is wrong.

Todd

Who here has that attitude???

I have been giving suggestions going on five years now! "Help" isn't wrong and neither is giving negative reviews for a game which so deserves it!

Don't make things up simply because you disagree, ok?
Thresh

Post by Thresh »

Settle down Veruca...[;)]

I have yet to hear of a movie reviewer who goes to see the same bad movie again and again (and again) to cry how bad it is. Heck, Joe Siegal walked out of the screening of Clerks II, did he go see the movie again so he could walk out of it again? Does a restaurant reviewer who savages an eatery go back the very next day to see if anythings changed?

Besides, you don't think this game bears any resemblance to Empires in Arms in the first place, unless I am somehow misreading
If that's what it is then Matrix should have marketing it as such and not tried to fool everyone into thinking this was EMPIRES IN ARMS, which it's not!!

so I'm wondering what your motivation for continually posting on these sorts of threads is....

Todd
iamspamus

Post by iamspamus »

Nothing else better to do?
[8|]

I have yet to hear of a movie reviewer who goes to see the same bad movie again and again (and again) to cry how bad it is. Heck, Joe Siegal walked out of the screening of Clerks II, did he go see the movie again so he could walk out of it again? Does a restaurant reviewer who savages an eatery go back the very next day to see if anythings changed?

Besides, you don't think this game bears any resemblance to Empires in Arms in the first place, unless I am somehow misreading
If that's what it is then Matrix should have marketing it as such and not tried to fool everyone into thinking this was EMPIRES IN ARMS, which it's not!!

so I'm wondering what your motivation for continually posting on these sorts of threads is....

Todd
borner

Post by borner »

what is your todd?   Mine is to see this game go from a "2" to a "4"

Thresh

Post by Thresh »

The game is never going to be a 4 for many people.  I'd be OK with a three plus...

The game is never going to be an exact port of the boardgame, and honestly I do think I'd want that, there were enough issues with it that caused many a FtF group break up. 

But there are some pretty critical rules missing IMO, and a more robust easier editor would be nice.  But the games in crawl/walk phase IMO.  It'll get there.

Just not fast enough for some people.

Todd
borner

Post by borner »

And opinions like that are exactly the point of this thread
Thresh

Post by Thresh »

Borner,

Is this where I call you a fascist pig?

[;)]

Todd
borner

Post by borner »

Well, name calling is never becomming, and in most cases a sign of lesser intelligence        Pig I may be ok with, but you will need to explain the Fascist part... unless you broke into the Republican party database and pulled my ballot for the last election or something.
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

Borner,

Is this where I call you a fascist pig?

[;)]

Todd

Whatch out Thresh....use of the word Fascist, even in jest is a sure sign of high stress, brought on by playing a buggy game you still enjoy and seeing it posted on about 217 (now 218) times or so. I might recommed a trip to St. Helena to prevent a full blown stress attack utilizing epithets charging Authoritarian Political Affiliations.
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

Todd

Agreed. I have seen many a people go back to see a movie they thought was bad but they knew just had some potential, especially if they thought it could be reworked!! [X(]

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”