leader creation in COG:EE

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Houtje

leader creation in COG:EE

Post by Houtje »

I have a question about leader creation in EE. In my current game of COG, not nearly enough leaders are spawned: I've won dozens of battles and only 3 or so have been created, while others were KIA, leaving my 1 million+ army with just a couple. Is this addressed in EE; does leader creation follow the FoF-system e.g.?

Houtje
ericbabe

RE: leader creation in COG:EE

Post by ericbabe »

Leaders in COG and in COG:EE are more powerful than FOF, and by design COG has fewer leaders than FOF.  Whereas in FOF it is reasonable to want to have one leader for every military group, in COG leaders are considered to be more of an exceptional bonus, so there are fewer leaders in COG overall.  We did increase the rate of new leaders appearing slightly, however.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

And there will be no #$%*($@% bios!!! (At least, not until we've gotten the remaining 700 Civil War bios into FOF.)
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

And there will be no #$%*($@% bios!!! (At least, not until we've gotten the remaining 700 Civil War bios into FOF.)

LOL.

Yeah I remember while playing Forge saying, "Man, I wonder who researches and writes all these damn bios, they are so long and detailed."

Great work ethic whoever.

[&o]
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Houtje

Post by Houtje »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Btw, I captured one or two enemy generals, who are now working for me. Is this as designed?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

You get to move them -- and I believe you can actually attach them to units, as you can other captured units -- but they should provide no benefits in combat.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”