Lock n' Load - Integrity of a Game Publisher

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Adam Parker

Lock n' Load - Integrity of a Game Publisher

Post by Adam Parker »

You know what? I've lost track of the number of disappointments I've had with games these past 2 years alone and the number of rants I've waged and to whom I waged them against [;)]

But take this quote from Mark Walker of Lock n' Load Publishing regarding his brand new Amercian Revolution game: "Flintlock: Black Powder, Cold Steel - Volume I: Carolina Rebels" over at Boardgame Geek, a Richard Berg design and a game that really oozes with the promise of originality:
I guess this post has turned into a review. A review by the publisher to be sure, but I hope I'm being honest. So, would you like this game? It depends on the type of gamer you are. If you want flavor, and aren't concerned with spending a little time to learn a game, you'll like it. Maybe even like it a lot. On the flip side of the coin, if you are looking for a faster play, you might prefer something like Worthington's Hold the Line (another of my favorites)."

What a breath of fresh air.

I'm sure Mark has been one of those to feel my ire! His first game I ever bought was the Vietnam squad based board game "Forgotten Heroes". I bought it whilst waiting for Matrix's own WW2 follow up of his, "Band of Heroes". I remember ranting on about the thinness of the mounted boards and most recently, the rules.

Mark took over the rights to Band of Heroes and now publishes through his own company Lock n' Load Publishing. I now own 6 of his titles all up (plus a scenario pack) and will be adding at least another 3 based on forthcoming games next year.

This guy deserves kudos for his innovation and imagination in game design but most of all for the character expressed above. His website links into Matrix's, so I have no hesitation in refering gamers over to www.locknloadgame.com

I'm sure Erik and the Matrix team wouldn't mind this at all.

Attachments
flintlock_cover2.jpg
flintlock_cover2.jpg (109.44 KiB) Viewed 3 times
Marc von Martial

RE: Lock n' Load - Integrity of a Game Publisher

Post by Marc von Martial »

Why would we mind? Certainly not.

We still develop together with Mark Walker, and I work as a freelancer for him [;)]

Btw, just to clear up some "wrong" things above, we just helped with developing BOH (artwork) and published it when Mark left Shrapnel. The game development of BOH was always Mark's baby though.

I think it is okay to say that Matrix Games and LNL Publishing are good friends, not only on a business level.
Mark's a great guy and developer/publisher.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Yes, but I cannot get his games in the UK for love nor money...and from the US is too much in postage!

Pity, 'cos he has some titles I'd be interested in.
Alba gu' brath
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Yes, but I cannot get his games in the UK for love nor money...and from the US is too much in postage!

Pity, 'cos he has some titles I'd be interested in.

You could have them shipped from Udo Grebe Game Design in Germany, he resells many of LNL Publishing titles.
Shipping inside EU would be okay.

www.ugg.de

I know Udo personally, he's a good guy and I can recommend him.

But IIRC I saw some of Marks games with UK resellers too.

Return to “General Discussion”