For PG2 fans

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

TAIL GUNNER

For PG2 fans

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Stumbled across this last night...I had no idea this old goat was still so popular!

About 1 Gig of downloads in this comprehensive mod.....including 50 custom campaigns.[X(]

PG2
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Phatguy

RE: For PG2 fans

Post by Phatguy »

I still play them all, with and without all the mods
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Since when was PG2 declared freeware? [&:]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Thx Juggalo, but I have a fear that if I go back to that wonderful game, I will forget how great it is and see it, warts and all, through more experienced eyes.

It was my introduction to wargaming and I loved it...I don't want to kill that memory.

Long live Panzer General and Allied General (Pacific General was a step too far for me!)
Alba gu' brath
noxious

Post by noxious »

the art direction in PG was quite extraordinary for the era and the genre.
Sweet looking, good memories :)
Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Couldn't get it to work. Looked like my box was too fast for it.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I still play the vanilla version of Panzer General II from time to time on my dual-core PC running under Vista with hardly a problem. The only thing I've had to do was to Alt + Tab it a time or two when first starting a game to correct the mouseovers so they would read correctly.

The Panzer General series was a great one.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

Stumbled across this last night...I had no idea this old goat was still so popular!

About 1 Gig of downloads in this comprehensive mod.....including 50 custom campaigns.[X(]

PG2

Yep, I've played quite a few of those campaigns. They're good, but on word of warning...some of them get DAMN hard.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Couldn't get it to work. Looked like my box was too fast for it.

My box is in love with this game. they cohabitate perfectly

Vista home premium 32bit sp1
E8400 @ 3.00 Ghz
2gigs ram
not exactly slow, not exactly fast
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Pacific General is my favorite still, but, I did get into Scorched Earth because of the leaders you could attach to units as it gave the game a more roleplaying experience. There's no doubting the PG series is a classic and will always be I think.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Pg2 was always my first wargame, but I was never able to get the new mods to work. Then I discovered Spwaw, its now number 1. Today I downloaded this new PG2 mod and it worked like a charm, one thing I noticed were some VERY NICE SOUNDS which could possibly used in SPwaw ?????? I will remain a  SPwaw fan but this PG2 mod really intrigues me.
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Downloads don't seem to include digital manual. Is there one somewhere? Even though game plays much like Battle Isle 3 and Advanced Strategic Command, I need some more info about few things: how units are reinforced and resupplied? Can units get inside of towns (and out of the map) and/or inside of other units? Can purchased units be deployed elsewhere than next to HQ? How do I land my aircrafts? Are there support units like ammunition carriers? Is there any way at all to stack multiple units in same hex? What are terrain effects for attack/defend? How do I find out whether or not unit can move, attack, and move again in same turn?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Downloads don't seem to include digital manual. Is there one somewhere? Even though game plays much like Battle Isle 3 and Advanced Strategic Command, I need some more info about few things: how units are reinforced and resupplied? Can units get inside of towns (and out of the map) and/or inside of other units? Can purchased units be deployed elsewhere than next to HQ? How do I land my aircrafts? Are there support units like ammunition carriers? Is there any way at all to stack multiple units in same hex? What are terrain effects for attack/defend? How do I find out whether or not unit can move, attack, and move again in same turn?

Was going to answer your queries, until I realized it's been long enough since I last played that I don't remember half the answers. [:D] Luckily, the PG2 manual is on Replacementdocs. Here's the link...

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.732

None of the rules have been changed with the custom campaigns, so it still basically works the same.
Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

I still play the vanilla version of Panzer General II from time to time on my dual-core PC running under Vista with hardly a problem. The only thing I've had to do was to Alt + Tab it a time or two when first starting a game to correct the mouseovers so they would read correctly.

The Panzer General series was a great one.

Good to know that PG2 runs on a dual-core Vista machine. I picked a copy of it up years ago at a boot-sale but have never fired it up. Might remedy that this weekend.

Panzer General and Allied General were my introductions to computer wargaming. On the Playstation 1 no less [X(][:'(]

Spent many a happy hour with them whilst the wife was out working nights.
"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

ImageThe Rose and Crown, a forum for British Gentlemen
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

The only reason that I bought a 3DO gaming console, back in the day, was because one of their initial game releases was Panzer General!
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Thx Juggalo, but I have a fear that if I go back to that wonderful game, I will forget how great it is and see it, warts and all, through more experienced eyes.

It was my introduction to wargaming and I loved it...I don't want to kill that memory.

Long live Panzer General and Allied General (Pacific General was a step too far for me!)

I do not know Judge, but if you go over to the site and see the New Campaign list that is available for this version, you might be persuaded to rekindle your love affair...[:)]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Is this legal?

The same link is over at BFC and no comment from them either.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Probably isn't, no... Wonder who would hold the copyright today, now that SSI isn't with us any more.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Anyone knows how to run PG2 in windowed mode?
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Probably isn't, no... Wonder who would hold the copyright today, now that SSI isn't with us any more.

It appears to be Ubisoft.

Return to “General Discussion”