Torpedo supply/resupply

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pad152

Torpedo supply/resupply

Post by pad152 »

Do the new torpedo supply/resupply rules apply for both ships/subs/PT's & aircraft?

How will float planes that carried torpedoes and the ships that carried them be handled, such as the I-400 class subs (sub carrier SVL or SVD [;)]) & M6A1 Seian Float Planes?

How will CS, AS, AD, or AV's effect the supply/resupply of torpedoes?

If I base a CS, AV, or AVD at an undeveloped atoll, will float planes still be resupplied with torpedoes?

Yamato hugger

RE: Torpedo supply/resupply

Post by Yamato hugger »

Ships is unchanged. You need a large port or tenders to replace your torps.

Aircraft have torp loads built into the ships that carry them and HQs from land bases.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Aircraft have torp loads built into the ships that carry them and HQs from land bases.

So ships like a CS and subs like the I400 will have torpedo loadouts for float planes that carry torpedoes?

Will AV's provide torpedoes for float planes based at an undeveloped atoll?

Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

ORIGINAL: pad152

So ships like a CS and subs like the I400 will have torpedo loadouts for float planes that carry torpedoes?

CS and subs do not have planes capable of carrying torps, so no, they do not. AVs do have torp loadouts for the planes that use them.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Will PT,AS tenders and other tenders that have torpedo availability will have a torpedo load like carriers or availability is driven from base supply like for land based aircrafts?
SamRo115

Post by SamRo115 »

I think Ship lunched torps like the 21" VIIc are handdeled the same as WITP vinila.
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Will PT,AS tenders and other tenders that have torpedo availability will have a torpedo load like carriers or availability is driven from base supply like for land based aircrafts?

Well land based aircraft need a HQ with a torp capacity now but no, tenders just need supply. There is no loadout on tenders.
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

CS and subs do not have planes capable of carrying torps, so no, they do not. AVs do have torp loadouts for the planes that use them.

Oh? So the M6A Seiran is no longer capable of launching torpedoes?

They were the only reason I ever considered converting the Ises.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Elouda

At least in stock and a couple of mods, the Ise and Hyuga conversions never carried any Seiran bombers.
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

In AE, the I-400s carry Glens. At least when you click on them in the reinforcement track in Dec 41. Maybe they upgrade later when the plane is available, but regardless. The I-400 has no torp loadout for its aircraft therefore they cant carry torps on strikes.
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

At least in stock and a couple of mods, the Ise and Hyuga conversions never carried any Seiran bombers.

Not by default, but most floatplanes can upgrade to the M6A - atleast in CHS.

In AE, the I-400s carry Glens. At least when you click on them in the reinforcement track in Dec 41. Maybe they upgrade later when the plane is available, but regardless. The I-400 has no torp loadout for its aircraft therefore they cant carry torps on strikes.

Is it possible to add the torpedoes to them through the editor? While I tend not to build these, they were historically intended to launch torpedo armed aircraft and thus should have that capability.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

If the M6A1 Seiram is in the database (the plane was designed for the I-400 subs), there needs to be some allowance for the ships and subs that would/could carry them!
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Someone that knows something about the editor is going to have to answer that question. My best guess is no, there isnt a spot in the SS database for it. But I'd be about 80% certain I am wrong on that also [;)]

Like I said, I know nothing about the editor. Never played with it.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Everything I have read on this plane implies it was designed to bomb the Panama Canal and/or other strategic targets, not torpedo them.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

Ive read that the standard loadout for the I-400s was 4 torpedoes, 3 800kg bombs, and 12 250kg bombs.

The attack on Panal Canal called for a strike with 6 torpedoes and 4 bombs.

The kamikaze attack on the american forces at Ulithi in '45 was to use the 800kg bombs.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Ive read that the standard loadout for the I-400s was 4 torpedoes, 3 800kg bombs, and 12 250kg bombs.

[X(]

I find this really surprising - was the thing the size of a B-17?
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

[X(]

Thats for the subs, not the planes. The M6A could at most carry either a single torpedo or a single 800kg bomb..

Considering the I-400s were meant to carry three A6Ms, thats at most 1 torpedo sortie, and 5 bomb sorties with 1 equipped with 800kgs. If the planes survive that long.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

[X(]

I guess a I-400 submarine was quite a bit bigger than a B-17. Didn´t have the wingspan though! [:)] You weren´t thinking that the float plane was designed to carry that loadout, were you? [;)]
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

[X(]

I guess a I-400 submarine was quite a bit bigger than a B-17. Didn´t have the wingspan though! [:)] You weren´t thinking that the float plane was designed to carry that loadout, were you? [;)]

The I-400s were larger than most destroyers, so Im pretty sure he thought I said plane could carry all that - I wish.
rominet

Post by rominet »

In AE, is there a possibility to force planes to carry bombs instead of torpedoes?
For example, i want to launch a raid on an ennemy surface TF but because of a high
expected flak fire (at 200feet), i prefer to attack at high altitude with betty with bombs!!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”