Three suggestion about new CoG EE game

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

haksoo

Three suggestion about new CoG EE game

Post by haksoo »

hello, I interested napoleonic wars.

I have three proposals from new CoG EE game.

First, I wish to reflects Three sections of French Imperial guard.
It referred already.

Second, It is motars and fortress defensive battery additions.

The fortress does defensive battery existed historically.
But, the fortress defensive battery does not exist from crown of glory game.
It has almost automatically.

The fortress cannon mainly is motars.

Also this was used to battlefield occasionally.
Of course the motars is heavy.
but, It was used.

I want to add motars in new game.
Also each fortress must exist the basic battery almost automatically.

Third, historical battles reflection problem.

It is difficult problem. but It is not impossible.

All games(history strategy simulation) is reflects historical battle.
The historical battles are separates with scenario(campaign).

Principal Napoleonic battles:Aspern-Essling, Austerlitz, Borodino, Eylau, Marengo, Pyramids, Wagram, Waterloo, Lodi, Leipzig, Friedland etc.

Is it doing to reflect of historical battles?
It is quite interesting. And it means becomes a better game.

Only, Is it my hope?

hello, I'm Korean. but I like napoleonic games.
nice to meet you.
morganbj

RE: Three suggestion about new CoG EE game

Post by morganbj »

Sorry to say, but historical battles are not part of the mix, and for very good reasons.  COG and COGEE are strategic games and assume that armies don't follow actual historical events, except in very broad terms.  Even though a battle may be fought in the same province as a historical one, in YOUR game, as opposed to history, the battle may be being fought several miles distant from where one was fought in reality.

The good news is that the detailed battle model is vastly improved in COGEE, and is a fair representation of battles of the period.  So, in effect, there may not be an "Austerlitz," but instead there will be a "Russeldorf."  So, put your new "history" in an AAR and let everyone else enjoy your "might have been."  That's what's great about COG and COGEE.

Besides, if you want to fight hstorical battles, there are dozens available from Matrix and others.

This I know for certain:  COGEE will be the premier STRATEGIC game of the period.  You'll have hours and hours of fun trying, as France, to invade England, or as Russia, to take control of eastern Europe.  I've played it hundreds of hours and find something new every time I play.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

Alright, I've heard enough. Just tell me where (actually when) to pick up my copy! [:)]
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Continuing the thread, another thing I would like to see in EE is that an enemy army that retreats from a battle, should have to retreat BACK into the province it just came from, and certainly not to the province behind the defender. In my current game I had two corps protecting the Spanish border (I play as France), Spain attacks, my corps defeats the Spanish army, and after the battle the Spanish have retreated further into France...
This should be fixed imho.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I have not really seen this in EE

the only thing I think that could make this happen is if a blocking force is in place, so then the AI will look for a "good" path out

but over all, I have not seen anybody retreat but where I would expect them too
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

We do not have "mortar" units in COG (or COG:EE) but we do have "howitzer" units that should be seen as representing both mortars and howitzers (not to mention petards!)

Fortresses do not have specific artillery units; instead, they have a Guns rating, which modifies the speed and casualties of sieges at the strategic level.

(FWIW the howitzer unit also sometimes represents Russian Licorns, which was a further specialized gun. Licorns are also sometimes represented by what we call "heavy artillery", however.)
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

There have been some changes to the retreat rules that should make you happy.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

There have been some changes to the retreat rules that should make you happy.

Sweet, now those Dons will stay down south hopefully! [:D]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “Crown of Glory”