To my GoA PBEM friends - Hurricane Ike (OT)

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

EdinHouston

To my GoA PBEM friends - Hurricane Ike (OT)

Post by EdinHouston »

Since I live in Houston, I just wanted to let folks know that my family and I are OK. We're in a hotel in San Antonio until the power is back on and services are running. Our roof had some damage, and a 40 foot tree in our front yard snapped 6 feet from the ground and hit my roof and my neighbor's roof, but the damage was pretty light. No idea if my cable/internet will be up when the power comes back on, but once I am home and can retrieve your emails (I am on my wife's laptop right now), I'll let you know my email status.
geoffreyg

RE: To my GoA PBEM friends - Hurricane Ike (OT)

Post by geoffreyg »

Ed
Delighted to hear that you are ok and it must have been a frightening experience.
Look forward very much to your move when you've recovered.
EdinHouston

Post by EdinHouston »

I never really felt unsafe the whole time. It was more the uncertainty about damage to the house, and the cleanup after the storm, than it was the hurricane itself. I am too far inland for it to be nearly as life-threatening as it was for the people near the coast. I actually stepped outside during the hurricane so my wife could take some pictures... Not very far outside, mind you ;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I am looking forward to getting back to normal and playing some GoA.
Lascar

Post by Lascar »

Ed,

I am glad to here that you and your family are safe and that the damage to your house was not too severe. I'm sure you are looking forward to returning to your home as soon as possible. Till then I will look forward to resuming our game when you are able.

Dave

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”