What To Expect In UV v1.11 Patch

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

David Heath

What To Expect In UV v1.11 Patch

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

Here is what to expect in v1.11. We are testing it now and God willing we should have it available sometime today or tomorrow. This will not be the last patch and I am sure Mike Wood will be working on release soon. We are releasing this patch version so soon after v1.10 because we wanted to correct the early retiring bug we created in v1.10. Since we had other fixes and enhancements we had finished we decided to include them in this patch. This list is not final until the v1.11 goes out the door but it gives everyone a good idea whats going on.

1) Text errors “Sever” changed to “Severe” and “Emplosion” changed to “Explosion”. - Corrected.

2) PT Boats and Barges when in a task force that is disbanded, sometimes disappear from the port in which they should be located. - Fixed.

3) PT Boats and Barges sometimes cannot be transferred from one task force to another. - Fixed.

4) Bombers flying too high for CAP can no longer be attacked by that CAP. A text message appears so saying.

5) Aircraft can be forced to fly higher than maximum altitude by selecting a group with a higher maximum altitude and giving a “Set All” order. Fixed. Aircraft are no longer allowed to fly higher than maximum altitude.

6) Experience for flying supply transport and troop transport missions has been reduced.

7) Multiple messages concerning interception of air transport have been removed. Now, one message per air group is displayed, instead of one per aircraft.

8) Reinforcement air groups appear in the assigned location, even if it is held by the enemy. Fixed.

9) The player is now notified by a text message on the lower left of the screen, when air groups arrive if playing against the computer or when the computer plays against itself.

10) Reinforcement ground appear in the assigned location, even if it is held by the enemy. Fixed.

11) The player is now notified by a text message on the lower left of the screen, when ground units arrive if playing against the computer or when the computer plays against itself.

12) Hex 19,30 is shown to be a shallow water hex when F2 is pressed, but is not a water hex. Fixed.

13) On the task force orders screen the number of hexes the task force may travel at normal speed is now displayed after the “Moves” data on the upper left of the pop-out box. If the value is green, it means that the task force commander feels he will have enough fuel to go to the assigned location at normal speed and return. If there is no assigned location, the value may be written in red, as he has no idea where he is going. If the task force travels at high speeds, such as in the case of a bombardment task force or fast transport task force or if the task force engages in combat, this indicator may be inaccurate.

14) A bug which prevented task forces from retiring to home base, after completing a mission has been fixed. There will still be times when a bombardment, surface action or fast transport task force can end up in harms way, as the dawn arises, however. These include the task force being low on fuel or if the task force spends too much time engaging enemy vessels at the target location or if the “Do not retire” option is selected. The player might note that some task forces will not be able to approach closely enough to attempt the mission. These would include bombardment, surface action or fast transport task forces with the “Retirement Allowed” option selected, which do not have sufficient speed to make it into and out of the target area in one night. These will hover at the best range they can reach and await further orders. Ships of speed less than 25 knots will frequently have this problem.
Hartmann

Post by Hartmann »

Wow, I only expected a quick-fix of #14, and yet there are already quite a few goodies more! :) Great job, guys! :cool:

Hartmann
U2

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Hartmann
Wow, I only expected a quick-fix of #14, and yet there are already quite a few goodies more! :) Great job, guys! :cool:

Hartmann
Indeed it is great work. Thank you very much and I was happy to read the new very positive reviews of UV. Lets hope it shows in sales which I hope has been good so far anyway. BTW: There was talk about another chat with GG himself because the transcript was lost but I have heard nothing of it since.
Dan
rosyblue

woong....

Post by rosyblue »

Thx~
Sinjen

Regular transport TF's not retiring

Post by Sinjen »

Will your regular Transport TF's retire from enemy carrier and surface action groups? Also will they return to base after they finish unloading or sit there until you manually give them orders to return?

Your regular transport TF's blundering into spotted enemy combat TF's is a gamebreaker. In the current build they will just sail right into the hands of a waiting enemy combat TF like lambs to a slaughter and then anchor. So far myself and my opponents have lost 19-23 ships each in one game day due to this bug.

Regards,

Sinjen

ps-see my post in the bug forum if you want a more complete description.
von Murrin

Wow...

Post by von Murrin »

David,

You're going to have to watch yourselves, or our expectations will soon become impossible to match! ;) :D

Seriously though, I'm extremely impressed. The level of support demonstrated by all of you at Matrix and 2by3 has reached what I believe should be the standard by which all other companies define their own efforts. :)
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!
Erik Rutins

Retirement...

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sinjen,

Yes, all aspects of the retirement bug introduced in 1.10 appear to be fixed. We've been banging on this and nothing has broken. If anything, it seems slightly better than 1.00 with the new fuel counter and such. :)

It's looking very probable that we'll release this tonight.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Sinjen

Post by Sinjen »

Great news I'll look forward to restarting my PBEM games tonight then.
dgaad

Post by dgaad »

One question : where did you hear about the spelling errors in #1?
Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)
WW2'er

Post by WW2'er »

David and all of Matrix,

Thanks for not just working on and releasing a patch so quickly, but for keeping all of us informed on what is happening. We can wait and put up with a lot when we know things are being actively worked on and when to expect a fix. You guys do a great job at this and it is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :)

Then you go above and beyond by adding some of the other goodies listed. Way to go!!

David, what have you promised Mike Wood to make him work so hard and so well??!!?!!:D
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

Arn't these guys great? Com'ere so that i can give ya a big group hug.

Wait.....why are you all hiding behind your desks? :D
Rex Bellator

Post by Rex Bellator »

Wow - superb service :)

Post by 1089 »

Yes, excellent service! Thanks to all Matrix and 2x3 personnel for their extra efforts!

kp
:)
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
Point Luck

Question

Post by Point Luck »

Will we have to start all PBEM games over for patch 1.11 to take effect. By the way great job on the game as well as the support. I got my 50 bucks worth already.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

All PBEM games will work fine even if started in v1.00 or 1.10.

Enjoy.
Nixuebrig

Post by Nixuebrig »

thx for the quick solution of th eproblem from me too.
That is what i call costumer service.
Rob Roberson

Post by Rob Roberson »

Gentlemen. I predict lots of wealth for you in the future. The level of support I have seen is unsurpassed in my some 20 years of computer gaming(yes Im really old). I will have very little problem considering the purchase of your games in the future. In the old days if it was a microprose game I purchased because I knew the product would be high quality. You guys have surpassed that. Excellant work!

ROb
Hartmann

Re: :)

Post by Hartmann »

Rob, as you mentioned Microprose: they were very good with their flightsims, but do you remember their naval simulation TF1942? :) It was one of the most bug-ridden games I have ever come accross, and I had been so looking forward to it!

Hartmann
Rob Roberson

Hartmann

Post by Rob Roberson »

LOL we tend to forgot those things that may scar us for life...:). I played it a couple of times..(I still have the disk around here somewhere)...I remember thinking at the time..**** this is boring...

Rob
NorthStar

Saved Games

Post by NorthStar »

This might be answered in another thread: If so, I apologize.

I see that e-mail games started under version 1.0 can continue under 1.10 and 1.11. Is the same true for saved games against the computer?

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”