Third Reich v1a released, AI scenario. Comments needed.

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

GJK

RE: Third Reich v1a released, AI scenario. Comments needed.

Post by GJK »

Is the "sitzkrieg" not represented in this scenario?
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

finaly defeated france easily, however all my troops in france were destroyed by allied dive bombers ,with each attack having over 60 dive bombers,lol come on.its great to have a challange but over 60 in each group this is insane,so i make 4 units with ten anti air guns in each and put them on the coast,this made no difference,has anyone won this one,can anyone give some tips?the brits should have alot of fighters but not 100,s of dive bombers as soon as the war starts,is this because the ai cant make planes?,.thanks
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Well i give up,cant keep a single unit in france,had 87 flak along the coast all wiped out in one turn,air and sea is so overpowered as to be unplayable,i do see it is a work in progress as you say so this is my feedback,it may not be worth much as im not a very good player yet,but id sure like to hear how anyone else managed to keep any units alive in frane,and btw my flak was all levele two.and i had 47 fighters with them.i mean i was fighting no one one land just losing so many units i had to stop playing,2 mmore turns id have nothing left,i had to produce 30 flak a turn and it wasnt enough.
Appren

Post by Appren »

You'll need a luftwaffe of your own in France, striking at the allied planes on the ground in the UK. In my own first test game I also did the defensive thing, I made formations of flak and infantry to defend the coastal towns, and a fair number of fighters as well, but it just isn't effective enough, you have to be offensive to keep the AI plane numbers down.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

thanks Appren,let me know how you make out playing if you have no crashes then ill give it another shot.PS how do you strike their planes on the ground?do you mean to just launch a bomb and fighter group at their airports.
Appren

Post by Appren »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

thanks Appren,let me know how you make out playing if you have no crashes then ill give it another shot.PS how do you strike their planes on the ground?do you mean to just launch a bomb and fighter group at their airports.

Pretty much.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Well against my better judgement i tried again[:@]managed to neutralize their air force,but the troops,man i was out numbered ten to one because i had to make so much air defence,when does it end[:@] how far are you ?is france yours and free of troops?what are you prouducing,i hate the allies,when i win i swear they are all going to one of my camps and straight into the showers[:@]
Appren

Post by Appren »

Well, I took France in July I think, made Vichy after capturing Paris. (event card) Once you get the British air force down below yours, you just have to keep hitting them every now and then to make sure they don't get those huge 40 plane blobs hitting your garrisons in France.
Delyn Locksmiths

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

All these comments have been noted, cheers folks. I'm going to spend some time working on the next version of this scenario this week. I'll put as many fixes etc as possible as well as trying to do something about the balance.
Delyn Locksmiths

OK, version1b is ready. Can someone upload it for me if I email it over?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

PM sent.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Appren

Post by Appren »

Great, waiting for the link to be ready :)
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Great to hear! Is there any chance of getting the new version this weekend?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Delyn,

Third Recih v1b has been uploaded to the Scenario Bank sandbox at http://www.advancedtactics.org/

Did you want this moved to the Waiting for Approval list? Or were you still wanting some teting first?

I had to repackage the pt2 file with the Realist Mod and added directory for the reich graphic.

You should probably download and make sure I didn't mix up the file. (If I got the files correct, when you start the game and get your first turn your above your first msg you should see the 3rd Reich Box art as the image).

Rick
Delyn Locksmiths

Thanks Rick. I'm still working on it. I want to add more events to help the AI out, then I can lessen the AI production advantage. But it should be playable to the end as is.

Feel free to put it awaiting approval.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

I must say this is my favourite AT scenario :)

Are there any plans of allowing the player to play as the Allies?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Appren

Post by Appren »

I wonder if the AI could use some more help, Russia fell rather quick in my test game with this version. After Moscow fell, almost undefended, in January 42, the rest of the country was rather helpless.
The one thing I miss from games like TOAW is the ability to give specific computer formations the job to defend certain objectives etc, kinda hard for the AT AI to keep up on large complex scenarios like this, especially when it keeps wasting PPs on ships etc.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: Appren

I wonder if the AI could use some more help, Russia fell rather quick in my test game with this version. After Moscow fell, almost undefended, in January 42, the rest of the country was rather helpless.
The one thing I miss from games like TOAW is the ability to give specific computer formations the job to defend certain objectives etc, kinda hard for the AT AI to keep up on large complex scenarios like this, especially when it keeps wasting PPs on ships etc.
Yes, some sort of difficulty settings could be nice, a pity that AT does not allow AI parameters to be edited...
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: Delyn Locksmiths

I'm still working on it. I want to add more events to help the AI out,

Are you working on a pbem version too? I don't like to fight the AI and I prefer the original graphic (I have modded it a little) over the Realist mod so an alternative pt2 file could be welcome.
[:)]

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
Delyn Locksmiths

Im still working on it, going to help the AI with some events and so cut the tech advantage.

There will be no pbem version, but it uses the 1939 scenarios which ship with the game as a base. Why not play one of those PBEM?

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”