Matrix Games and IQ Software are pleased to announce the release of World War II: Road to Victory! Now gamers can wage World War II in Europe from the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain in a riveting turn-based grand strategy format.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “This debut release from new developer IQ Software delivers great gameplay and historical depth in a classic hex-based and turn-based grand strategy format. World War II: Road to Victory beautifully combines highly replayable game mechanics with ease of use to make a great wargame for beginners and advanced players alike.”
World War II: Road to Victory, the first release from IQ Software, puts the player at the helm of his choice of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations, amidst a continent torn by full scale war. Combat, production, research and diplomacy are all fully modeled.
A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. Naval combat includes fleet engagements, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system. Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and historical events give you choices that can change the course of history. World War II: Road to Victory is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
- 1939, 1940 and 1941 start date scenarios with unique strategic considerations and challenges
- Simple and intuitive user interface with engrossing historical gameplay
- Play as any one nation or multiple nations at once to experience the war from a unique perspective
- An innovative naval combat model and realistic supply convoy attack system
- A simple yet immersive political point system for diplomatic relations – alienate enemies and solidify ties with allies
- A healthy variety of combat units to command from armoured and airborne forces to strategic bombers and battleships – even nukes!
- Historical events including player choices that can guide and shape the course of the war