Is it a bug?

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

Nibelung

Is it a bug?

Post by Nibelung »

I notice that when the CSA plays its turn, I see the real quantity of men they have everywhere. I don't quite get the logic? Or are the reports erroneous on purpose?
Twotribes

RE: Is it a bug?

Post by Twotribes »

You must not have FOW set? Now with FOW you will still see units leaders and such that move that you have spotted. But believe me, you are not seeing the South's entire military.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
heroldje

Post by heroldje »

i get the same thing.  i have FoW on, but i think it have show enemy movements on.  I wanted this to only display enemy movements that were in my view, but it shows me the enemies numbers whenver a unit moves in or from a region.  And it is definitely not only spotted units.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Yeah, the replay function is a little wonky, too. It shows too much. For example, when reviewing the enemy turn, it shows the icons for units and leaders in the enemy territory that you should not be able to see with FoW enabled. No numbers, but the presence of *something* is revealed.

For AI moves, it should not show where the units and leaders are strat moving to, and from, unless the movement is through regions that are previously spotted, or are spotted units moving through regions that are adjacent to friendly controlled regions. Unfortunately, it does. I suppose it might be good for newer players to see how the AI is rearranging its forces to return them to an unspotted state. However, for experienced players, it gives them an extra tool to use in defeating the AI. Especially when the shuffling gets predictable and the AI inevitably ends up rearranging its forces poorly.
Nibelung

Post by Nibelung »

That's that. So this is a bug and a serious one. I don't want to see AI moves when not allowed to do so!
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

well you could exercise that little used art form while the computer is moving call RTM (read the manual) LOL

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”