iron maiden

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Dennistoun

iron maiden

Post by Dennistoun »

hi folks,
i bumped into an iron maiden video on youtube yesterday and the song was called "Passchendaele" after the terrible 1917 battle. the video was great with really good battle scenes on mostly the german perspective. can anyone tell me if those battle scenes are part of a movie or just a very expensive and competent music video? i know that there is a canadian movie called "Passchendaele" but obviously that would come from the canadian perspective when the music video mostly showed scenes involving the germans.
hadberz

RE: iron maiden

Post by hadberz »

I might be wrong but I think its from All Quiet on the Western Front.
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63b Bios)
16 GB G-Skill 1600 MHz
XFX AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB THICC III
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

I saw a version of the video and it was as hadberz mentioned, 1980 tv remake of all quiet on the western front.
Anyone looking forward for the new film due out this Fall?
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

Ever since Pearl Harbor I tend to reserve judgment on films like this.
Widell

Post by Widell »

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent
Ever since Pearl Harbor I tend to reserve judgment on films like this.

Anyone that has read the book by E.M Remarque will know that there is not much room for nice and cosy stuff in the movie. You can of course never be sure.... Below is an excerpt from the book.
I am often on guard over the Russians. In the darkness one sees their forms move like stick storks, like great birds. They come close up to the wire fence and lean their faces against it. Their fingers hook round the mesh. Often many stand side by side, and breathe the wind that comes down from the moors and the forest.

They rarely speak and then only a few words. They are more human and more brotherly towards one another, it seems to me, than we are. But perhaps that is merely because they feel themselves to be more unfortunate than us. Anyway the war is over so far as they are concerned. But to wait for dysentery is not much of a life either.

A word of command has made these silent figures our enemies; a word of command might transform them into our friends. At some table a document is signed by some persons whom none of us knows, and then for years together that very crime on which formerly the world's condemnation and severest penalty fall, becomes our highest aim. ... Any non-commissioned officer is more of an enemy to a recruit, any schoolmaster to a pupil, then they are if they were free.

Return to “General Discussion”