Admiral's Edition General Thread

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bradfordkay

RE: Admiral's Edition General Thread

Post by bradfordkay »

My guess is that the AE team is working on the game and not the utilities. Those who created the utilities will have to adapt their product to AE, I suppose...
fair winds,
Brad
langley

Post by langley »

If AE supports river traffic which I seem to remember it will, can you conduct air attacks against such traffic?

MJT
"My God, I hope you don't blame me for this. I had no idea where you were."
Air Vice-marshal Pulford upon the loss of "Force Z"
Woos

Post by Woos »

ORIGINAL: Toddr22

Will utilities like WITP [font=arial]import/export utility[/font][font=arial] (aka witpload) be usable with AE?[/font]

AFAIK a new version of witpload will be available and included. A new version of witpDecoder too.
Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger »

If AE supports river traffic which I seem to remember it will, can you conduct air attacks against such traffic?

I would assume air attacks against river traffic would be the same as any other naval attack?
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: langley

MJT

Naval movement along rivers is the same as other naval movement, so yes you can.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

I do have one wish. And one wish only. In the old War in the Pacific from many years ago one could go from task force to task force with the N key. In this way, overlooked/forgotten task forces were found, orders amended/changed/given and life was good again on the high seas. If this can be done in WITP I havent figured out how. All I get is a listing of TF's instead of being able to actually go to the next one in numerical order. Thanks

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

I do have one wish. And one wish only. In the old War in the Pacific from many years ago one could go from task force to task force with the N key. In this way, overlooked/forgotten task forces were found, orders amended/changed/given and life was good again on the high seas. If this can be done in WITP I havent figured out how. All I get is a listing of TF's instead of being able to actually go to the next one in numerical order. Thanks

I think this was added under one of the recent patches. IIRC, if you isolate submarines under the ship list, the "N" key will cycle you through all of the submarines at sea. I had forgot about this feature and therefore don't use it, but I believe it is in WITP. I'll try it and let you know.

[/quote]
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Here is my one wish list:

I wish you could list all Japanese factories on ONE screen, regardless of location, and have a ON/OFF button for each of them.

Even better, a button for "Turn Off All Ki-43Ib production", etc.

Turning production on/off currently is a pain.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

thanks charbroiled, i will check this out in my next turn. have tried other methods. when one gets to my age a task force goes missing now and then.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

I think this was added under one of the recent patches. IIRC, if you isolate submarines under the ship list, the "N" key will cycle you through all of the submarines at sea. I had forgot about this feature and therefore don't use it, but I believe it is in WITP. I'll try it and let you know.

[/quote]

This feature was added to stock WITP in one of the 1.8 patches, using the ">" and "<" keys. Note that you could also use the un-shifted versions of "<" and ">" ("," and ".").

Select some subset of Task Forces using the Task Force screen (hot key "t'). Then you can cycle thru the TFs that match the criteria using "<"/"," and ">"/".". This feature is "sticky" so if you notice that the "<"/">" keys are not showing all your TFs, go back to the TF screen and adjust your settings.

The feature has been expanded slightly in AE. The shifted and unshifted variations of "<"/"," and ">"/"." now have slightly different meanings:
Shifted ("<" and ">") will display the next TF in the selection set WITH the Task Force screen being displayed.
Unshifted ("," and ".") will move to the next TF in the selection set WITHOUT the Task Force screen being displayed.

rhohltjr

Post by rhohltjr »

Dan,

To what extent will AE be further moddable. It looks like AE will be pretty complete right out of the 'box', but since there are so many creative fans of Witp.... who knows. Aside from the engine of AE changing, are the other details of AE remaining similar to Witp?

In other words, will some of the art or sounds found on Spookys site for Witp still be usable in AE?

rhohltjr [:)]

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Thanks, I will give that a try. Still seems cumbersome compared to the old War.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Thanks, I will give that a try. Still seems cumbersome compared to the old War.

Don't agree at all.

First, the N key is already used for something else (naval air groups). And "." is as easy to hit, being right there on the bottom key row.

Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: rhohltjr

Dan,

To what extent will AE be further moddable. It looks like AE will be pretty complete right out of the 'box', but since there are so many creative fans of Witp.... who knows. Aside from the engine of AE changing, are the other details of AE remaining similar to Witp?

In other words, will some of the art or sounds found on Spookys site for Witp still be usable in AE?

rhohltjr [:)]

Am I Dan??

If so, I can say that the art and sounds are still externalized so they can be moded. I can not say if the old WITP art/sounds will all work with AE.

Now before everyone piles on and asks for more data, I need to point out that no details are available until release.

khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

That works somewhat well. Not quite as smooth as the old WITP, the one with two week turns. But it helps alot. I get interrupted frequently when making a move and sometimes forget to give an order here or there. Has caused some disasters.
rhohltjr

Post by rhohltjr »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Am I Dan??

[:(]

I'm fraid so.
Thanks for the reply Don/Dan. [;)]
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
Heeward

Post by Heeward »

Dates and Sorting
&nbsp;
I would be nice for reinforcements we could&nbsp;view&nbsp;a the date of arrival&nbsp;& number ETA.&nbsp; Hornet arrives March 13, 1942 /&nbsp;95 days Panama City
&nbsp;
For the aircraft replacement screen I would like to set a default to sort by type and/or nationality vs availability date.
The Wake
traskott

Post by traskott »

A question about mods (RHS, Iron Storm and so ): Will they work or had to be rebuild from scratch ?&nbsp;
treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: traskott

A question about mods (RHS, Iron Storm and so ): Will they work or had to be rebuild from scratch ?
rebuilt
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

Lots of cutting and pasting from excel version of old scenario to new will accelerate the process, we do have new version of witploadAE. But there are lots of new pieces of data in AE and there is no way to "auto populate" these fields, this will have to be done in the editor or excel.

James (author of editorX) has written us a whole new editor for AE and most of us can hardly image going back to the stock editor, the AE editor is much easier to use.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”