Takedown

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow Titan Jocks.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Iskandar

Takedown

Post by Iskandar »

Code: Select all

Titan Name: Takedown              Short Range Medium Titan
 Chassis: Krios K-M2               Design: Iskandar       
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Weight: 100.0t (100t maximum)     Height     : 11 [meter]
 Bmt   : 27 (44 kph)               Reduce Heat: -2.86C/sec.
 No Jump Ports                     Cost       : 248747($)

Equipment:
 Component/Type/Location

Engine  : Durania   [Engine 7] [CT  ]
 HeatReg.: Smac Corp.  [Heat 5]
 LifeSup.: Phillippi   [Life 2] [Head]
 Scanner : CyberSys L [Scan. 3] [LT  ]
 Computer: Krios K5   [Comp. 5] [RT  ]

Weapons:
 Location/Weapon/Ammunition/Slots

[RA  ]  BLACK RAY GUN       
 [LA  ]  NEUTRON BLASTER     
 [LA  ]  NEUTRON BLASTER     

Armor:
 Loc/Internal/Armor/Status/Points/mm

[Head] (11) Dullaroy  HMAX 020 [029mm]
 [RT  ] (23) Titanium  (W)  034 [062mm]
 [CT  ] (23) Titanium  (W)  037 [068mm]
 [CBT ] (13) Vicenium  (W)  015 [025mm]
 [LT  ] (23) Titanium  (W)  034 [062mm]
 [RA  ] (21) Vicenium  (W)  034 [057mm]
 [LA  ] (21) Vicenium  (W)  034 [057mm]
 [LowT] (13) Vicenium  (W)  036 [061mm]
 [RL  ] (17) Millenia  (W)  034 [068mm]
 [LL  ] (17) Millenia  (W)  034 [068mm]

Armor Index:   4.94 [Total APts/T]
 Internal:    182  [APts]
 External:    312  [APts]   Max:[069mm]
 Total Armor: 494  [APts]

JOCK requirements:
 Piloting: Medium Titan                     
 Weapons : Energy                           
 Warfare : Scanner                          
 Skills  : Medic                            

designed to burn down opposing Jocks from a distance, with the Black Ray Gun to take them off their feet and keep them from closing. lacks JJ and ECM, which I miss. overheats slightly, and gets a lot out of the initial Defensive skill check "tuning" of the Heat Reg. ineffective against shielded Titans (though the BRG will help take shields down), android Jocks, and anything with a good Life Support, though it will probably hurt even those, given time. best against light and recon Titans, which rarely use shields and mostly have LS 1 or 2. cannot, and should not, move and fire.

best used as support, as back up to a HtH or other close range Titan. also good for getting "clean" kills, disabling a Titan by killing the Jock without overly damaging his Titan, thus getting good salvage.

probably should not be a public Titan, unless you really wish to end up facing it in battle.
Bone White

RE: Takedown

Post by Bone White »

This was the kind of "sister" Titan to my last posted one I was thinking of.  I agree with the private titan though - Neutron Blasters are evil.  As soon as I can buy good enough Titans I'm going to be putting decent shields on all my Replicant Jock's Titans to stop getting my brains frazzled.

I'll try this mech out a couple of times before designing a similar one for myself I'm sure.  Thanks for the post.
Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

it is possible to design a heavy or assault Titan to carry 6 NBs.  they won't recharge right and the thing will overheat badly in about 4 minutes of continual firing.  however any Titan that doesn't have shield or very good Life Support will have its Jock die in 3 or 4 rounds of firing, type of Jock more or less irrelevent.  it is possible to 1 hit kill Replicants if they don't have decent Life Support and you roll good numbers.  a shield will help but even then you are still likely to get a hit or three through, which is generally enough to render the opposing Jock useless.  I don't use it, as it makes the game way too easy, nor do I ever take it off private.

LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Well, if I get enough input I can do another small balance patch. Now that the game is free and I'm playing again after 3 years I have some interest/energy in doing so. Not sure about neutron blasters - yet.
Bone White

Post by Bone White »

Yay I'm active enough just for the patch personally.  I wouldn't mind some new weapons being added... just to increase the selection and versatility of the game.  If you're really dedicated to this I'll try getting more people to play.  Oohh *is excited*
oldmanmimo

Post by oldmanmimo »

No patch needed yet, make us newbies learn to use what we have first. Neutron Blasters and CC weapons are nice and all, until you start moving up the weight classes. Now I've learned... withstand the LR titans till you've crippled the SR guys. Then bumrush to finish the job... (btw, I'll take an NM over an NB in a terran map any day of the week! Woods are such nice immobile targets.)

I'm getting a couple of other old-timers hooked on ToS. Runs easily on work laptops and outdated desktops, a double bonus.

Grew up playing FASA's Battletech, so this is a nice flashback for me.

Gimme a few more weeks and I'll be ready for some online play! Working on the Rebellion campaign now.

da' old man.
Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

NBs in ones or twos are not unbalancing in most cases unless you take them to silly levels like putting 6 on 1 Titan or bringing several NB carrying Titans on a team.  even then using them agianst another human is chancy.  you'll go right through the AI like a chainsaw through warm butter, however. (Mon canard es en feu!)

there might be a balance issue with using them against newbie Jocks.  one of those in a recon or light Titan without shields or good LS (like most recon or light Titans) can be effectively taken out of the fight by one shot as they try to close.  dizzy or stunned will lower an already low weapon skill to the point where they cannot effective strike back, and then you add the skill penalty of being wounded on top of it (which may be worse to a new Jock with 99 or so health)....  it is why I hate Wrathchilds so much but really don't fear a Deforcer, though the Deforcer does become priority one whenever it turns up.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Well, it's pretty obvious the NB is really evil vs recons and lights, because those generally don't have shields and have low LS. BUT, in those weight classes you won't see many designs with NBs, and surely not with multiple NBs. I don't really think multiple NBs are much more unbalanced than multiple NM14s or multiple GCs or multiple PGs. Those titans are a target, a red hot target. Spot one, gang up on it before it can do its thing.

Iceman

Return to “The Titan Arena”